• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of My Killer Dolphin (Finally)

vodapas

Reaction score
Visit site
(EDIT: Mods if I put this in the wrong place, please move it to where it needs to be. I didn't see sub-forum specifically for pics.)

First,

Get your mind out of the gutter! Killer Dolphin (KD for short) is my NC's name. (So named because of the rather porpoise looking profile by the headlight.) She's a 2013 and I've had her for a little over a year. I've meant to post pics up of her, but it seems like every time I actually got her cleaned up I'd forget to take any pictures. Well, today I washed her and figured, she's about as farkled as I can afford for now so I best share.

As you can see I went with the Honda bags (and top case) when I bought her. But, I never liked the whole fake aluminum panels look. So, I stripped them off the top case, but then it looked too plain. I've always been a fan of Multistrada so that explains the direction I took with her. (Which must of worked because twice while I was on a riding trip in VA I heard, "Nice Ducati!")

Anyhow, enough of my jibber-jabber. You're here to see the pics. I'll post up the farkle list (that I can remember) after the pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1411.jpg
    IMG_1411.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 865
  • IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,050
  • IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 838
  • IMG_1421.jpg
    IMG_1421.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_1425.jpg
    IMG_1425.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 860
  • IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 847
  • IMG_1457.jpg
    IMG_1457.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 798
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 910
Last edited:
I think that's the best looking (and cleanest) NC I've seen to date. I really like the red you chose. I don't like the stock Honda panniers when silver but they look great on your bike!
Thanks for posting. and welcome!

Farkles List -

Performance:
(Not much) Ixil Hyperflow XL Exhaust

Crash Protection:
Givi Crash Bars
Barkbusters Hand Guards

Luggage:
Honda OEM Panniers
Honda OEM 45L Top Box (now gathering dust)
Honda Varadero OEM Top Box (painted to match)
Honda Pannier Rails/Rear Carrier

Lighting/Electronics/Safety:
Denali D1 LED Driving Lights
Philips Daylight 4 LED DRL
Putco Plasma (CREE) LED Rear Signals
Admore Lighting LED Light Bar (for redundancy)
Admore LED Lighting Kit for Honda 45L Top Box
Digital Thermometer/Voltmeter/Clock/Stop Watch (found it on Amazon)

Appearance/Comfort/Convenience:
Smoked Front/Rear Signal Lenses (From CBR1000RR?)
MRA Vario Windscreen
Barkbusters VPS and Storm Plastics (season dependent)
Honda Heated Grips
Healtech Gear Indicator
SW-Motech GPS Mount (for my Zumo 650)
RAM Reservoir Mount (for my GoPro)
Upper and Lower Honda Wind Deflectors
Honda Center Stand
Corbin Heated Seat/Pillion Pad (Love this thing!)
SW-Motech Off-Road Foot Pegs
Honda Pannier Panels (from CTX700 painted to match)
Pyramid FendaExtenda & Rear Hugger

That's all I can think of. Probably forgetting a few trinkets here or there. Big changes down the road though. Mostly, I love the looks of her. But, on my riding trip I realized I need more cargo space. So, I'm looking to switch over to Givi Trekker Outback panniers down the road. If you own a red NC and love the look of that Varadero case with matched bags, these might be for sale in the not so distant future. Just putting it out there, not trying to violate any forum rules. When I'm really ready to sell I'll post up a for sale thread.

Last edited:
Thank you and Thank you! I've been lurking around here for about a year, but I do very much appreciate the welcome! This forum is an incredible resource. Many of the projects above would have ended badly without the knowledge base that exists here. A special thanks to Beemerphile for his thread on installing the Givi bars.

all I can say is Wow! That is surely one of the nicest looking NC700x riggs I've seen.
Loved the added electronics.

BTW- what is that color?

Did you mean the color of the bike? It's the factory red for the NC. Not sure what it's called. I just looked at Honda's website and it's listed with the creative name of "Red". When I got the top box and pannier panels painted I just took it to the guy I usually use with a trim piece from around the frunk and he matched the paint.

I've seen other pictures of red NC's but your lighting or camera or something just makes yours look the BEST!
I'm a painter and if mine ever changes color, guess what color it will be?

I've seen other pictures of red NC's but your lighting or camera or something just makes yours look the BEST!
I'm a painter and if mine ever changes color, guess what color it will be?

Hmm... one of the primary colors that isn't yellow or blue? :)

It definitely wasn't my camera since I was just using my iPhone. I did clean the images up in iPhoto though so that's probably what made the red pop.

You have done a fantastic job in getting your NC all tricked out. It is a beautiful bike.

Back