• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

still likin' the heavy duty stuff Caribou/Pelican:

6984.jpg
6979.jpg

my set up for a 16 day trip out west.

two 33l trekkers and a 46L top box with rack. Medium Wolfman dry bag.

I kept tent, cook kit in one side, sleeping stuff in the other side, clothing and electronics in the dry bag. Top case was misc. stuff that I used during the day, notebook, camera, maps, etc. Toolkit, compressor and other misc. in frunk.

DSCN5104-XL.jpg

20160611_073128-XL.jpg

Love the Pelican boxes. what racks are you running for those?

Those pics were up on the Caribou site. I just posted them to balance out the all-Givi-all-the-time vibe I've been getting here ; }

They are on Hepco & Becker though, I'm sure -- Caribou likes their racks a lot...

still likin' the heavy duty stuff Caribou/Pelican:
Nice, but I'm not liking the side opening....everything ends up on the ground when you open them and those Pelicans weight a ton. They are VERY robust though and will take a beating for sure.

Are they quick disconnect? Since they aren't designed as panniers, is there some method to keep the lids from flopping all the way open 180 degrees?

I've been meaning to put up some pics of my bike with the saddle bags. I did have an extra concern as I had started with Shad and decided on Givi Monokey side bags. The Shad rack mount were not compatible with the Givi rack mount so I ordered some Givi Brackets and arms and mounted the Shad top box mounting plate on the Givi arms. I did have to drill two extra holes, but that worked out fine. I've always liked the minimalistic width of the E21/22 and the fact they are top loading. They do scratch easily though. Kind of flimsy when open but not when closed.
29014757042_7772a9f5ac_b.jpg

28833508680_67584e88a8_b.jpg

28833504010_1896355c68_b.jpg

28833507270_4370657226_b.jpg

29043219021_3910a92e03_b.jpg

Thanks for watching!
Don

You can find that seat [HERE]. It was.. OK... but the expense makes it impractical. Better to buy a full replacement seat.

Thanks for the reply - I'll have to do something and if i get a seat I want heat, I was thinking Corbin but i need to talk to some owners if they work - I'm not interested in a pretty seat just one that works.

Installed the Givi V35 side cases this week-end and I'm pretty happy with them. Still waiting for the Givi V47 top case I ordered from Twisted Throttle, but it seems back ordered and with no ETA from the importer in Quebec.

IMG_3780.jpg
IMG_3781.jpg
IMG_3782.jpg

Looks really nice in keeping with the lines of the bike - however I'm sure the top case is not going help keep it as nice looking. That's what i like about the NC is you don't need to mess up the lines with a trunk you already have one!

What did the set cost?

Looks really nice in keeping with the lines of the bike - however I'm sure the top case is not going help keep it as nice looking. That's what i like about the NC is you don't need to mess up the lines with a trunk you already have one!

What did the set cost?

I think the v35's and the v47 make still a nice set. I need space to store stuff for the trip, and cases is probably a better option for many things, rather than simple bags. I don't think the bike will look that ugly with the big top box, seeing pics from others with a similar set.

As far as prices are concerned, it was not really light on the wallet, this is a breakdown:
- V35s + side rack : CAD 801 (~USD 616)
- V47 + top rack: CAD 556 (~USD 427)
- inner bags: CAD 99 (~USD 76) for the V35s and CAD 68 (~USD 52) for the V47

Add to that some additional lights for the top box (CAD 180, ~USD 138), a top luggage rack on top of it (CAD 95, ~USD 73) and a backrest for a possible occasional passenger (CAD 55, ~USD 42)

And eventually the taxes (5% in British Columbia)

Total: CAD 1946 (~USD 1497)

Not the kind of bill I like to get frequently... :(

So, I finished mounting everything tonight (see detailled config/cost break down in previous post - 2 x V35, 1 x V47 with top luggage rack and adMore lights).
Looks really great to me - expensive, but definitely worth the money, no regrets.

IMG_3808.jpg
IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3813.jpg
IMG_3815.jpg
IMG_3816.jpg

Note: sorry, last 3 pics were rotated by the forums - no idea why.

Last edited:
Back