• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

Bag update. Earlier in this thread, I had photos up of the Nelson Rigg CL-855s. (Still an excellent choice, by the way). Now I have a set of bags that match the bike's silver and black.
The article on what I used is HERE.
The pictures.... are...below these words!
IMG_1706a.jpg

IMG_1708a.jpg

IMG_1709a.jpg

Givi Trekker Outbacks, the bigger of the two top cases and the smaller of the two side cases. Ordered from Italy, was several hundred $s less than from US and only took a week or so to deliver. Had Trekker (non-outback) for topcase before. The sidecases take a special mount that is different from the non-outback trekker sidecases. I like the tabs inside for mounting nets on the top of the interior case lids and the 4 tie down points on the top of the lids. That was the kicker for me, the non-outback trekkers didnt have topside lid exterior mounts, I ordered the "rack" for the top case but it was half an inch above the lid and looked goofy and not as secure as I wanted so I went with the outbacks.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Last edited:
Givi Trekker Outbacks, the bigger of the two top cases and the smaller of the two side cases. Ordered from Italy, was several hundred $s less than from US and only took a week or so to deliver. Had Trekker (non-outback) for topcase before. The sidecases take a special mount that is different from the non-outback trekker sidecases. I like the tabs inside for mounting nets on the top of the interior case lids and the 4 tie down points on the top of the lids. That was the kicker for me, the non-outback trekkers didnt have topside lid exterior mounts, I ordered the "rack" for the top case but it was half an inch above the lid and looked goofy and not as secure as I wanted so I went with the outbacks.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Fast could you do me a huge favor and take a few pictures with just the topcase mounted, I eventually want that exactly setup but won't be able to afford the panniers in the near future. So want to get an idea of just how big the 58 looks when it has nothing under it.

Which vendor? Thanks!

Fast could you do me a huge favor and take a few pictures with just the topcase mounted, I eventually want that exactly setup but won't be able to afford the panniers in the near future. So want to get an idea of just how big the 58 looks when it has nothing under it.

Huge, it looks huge. :p

I've got just the 58L Kappa Garda

Max any chance you would post a couple photos of just the topcase? I'm thinking that although the 58 is obviously large that the panniers being mounted with it are making it look more visually balanced.

With all of the side cases, does each come with the mounting brackets or are they sold separately?

I have purchased used hard saddle bags which I have never seen before for only $20 and I want to mount them to my NC700X.

But I want to use brackets from a name brand pannier so in the event the bags look too odd I can then purchase the regular hard bags.

If I use Givi hardware I can then purchase Givi side bags in the event the used bags I have look too goofy.

But I cannot find any hardware sold separately.

Does the hardware always come with the side bags?

Thanks.

God bless!!

Michael

So you need the 1111FZ PL1111CAM and 1111KIT for the topcase+pannier (and the topcase specific mounting plate)? I'm planning on getting this in a few months probably after peak/winter and install a lot of accessories during early spring.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D400
ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The top case mount for the Givi Trekkers is the same for the Givi Trekkers Outback (I've had both topcases). The side mounts ARE DIFFERENT for the trekker vs the outbacks. FYI

To be honest, I dont think the NC is the best looking bike, I bought it for how it fits for reliability, maintenance, mpg, low CG and frunk for my commute. However, I think it looks:
- best with the two outback side panniers only (no top box)
- ok with only the top box, the 58 is big but at most angles looks ok. Some angles, it looks huge. Most days, I will ride the bike in this configuration (only top box) as I lane split and between the frunk, the 58 top box and the rack that replaced the passenger seat (with net and 4 rok straps), I can carry lots of stuff. Only when I need to lock up my riding gear or a long road trip will I use the side panniers. Thats the plan anyhow. With a flat tire on the NC, I've been enjoying the longer gas range of the KTM (12 gallons) and not having to fill up everyday... Need to get a 3 or 4 gallon tank to bolt to the passenger seat cargo rack next.

Thanks a bunch number and fast for throwing up those photos. I do think it looks quite large by its self but I also bout the bike for its utility and don't know that I truly care what it looks like. I'm thinking I could fit a full riding suit n the 58L and that's appealing.

You could bolt some extra fuel onto the top or sides of the panniers/topbox as well, one of the reasons i want that setup is the amount of expansion it allows.

givi sells a fuel tank that mounts to the back of the outback side panniers but you have to order from italy, they dont sell it in the states. expensive for what it is but well implemented.

I stole another posters idea for mounting two tool tubes within the side racks for 2 liters more fuel but want an aux tank that is plumbed in.

Back