• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

6e01736f8f22.jpg
Looks like plenty of room in those bags!
Maybe room for twins?

So for the givi 58L outback trekker topcase what mount and mounting hardware do I need?
Yikes, that is a wide topcase...I'm guessing you don't have panniers installed? If you do, I don't think you will be able to tilt them open without hitting the top case.

Anyway, I have the 42 liter Trekker Outback mounted using a M7 Monokey plate attached to the 1111FZ Monorack rails designed specifically for the NC700x. You will need to order both the plate and the rails.

If/when you want to mount Outback Trekker side panniers the FZ will fit up with the Givi PL1111 Cam Trekker Outback pannier side mounts...

Note that the Outback Trekkers <require> the specific pannier mount, (Givi PL1111 Cam) as they are <not> compatible with the older clam-shell Outback mounting system, even though those also utilize a "monokey" mounting system. Obviously, if you aren't ever going to mount Outback Trekker panniers, just totally ignore this last point :)

Last edited:
the side panniers (outbacks) open with the 58l outback top case, there is enough play in the lids to open and close fine.
Can you actually tilt open the Outback Trekkers (not plain Outbacks) completely without hitting the 58l Outback Trekker top case?

My Trekker panniers are 17 inches apart, the 58l Trekker top case is about 22 inches wide....I figured there was no way the panniers would open completely without smacking into the bottom of the top case since the case overhangs the panniers by about two inches on each side....

I couldn't find any local Trekkers to check out, ended up ordering from Italy...If I had known the larger top case would work I probably would have gone for it....I'm a bit bummed..

Looking to add some basic storage without breaking the bank.
Please let me know if I am missing anything:
Givi 1111FZ Monorack Sidearms Honda NC700X 2012-2014 (~100$)
Givi E21s or Kappa 21Ns (~180$) or Givi E22Ns (~225$)
Kappa 35N (~60$)

Did I miss anything?
Any other recommendations?
Do I need an extra mount for the 35N?

Had a few additional questions:
What are the Givi PLX1111 and PL1111?
Do they serve the same function as the 1111FZ but cost more or are they something I will need?
If so, is that instead of the 1111FZ or in addition to?
If in addition to, should I instead be looking at the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Evo Side carrier?
Is the primary advantage of the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Evo Side carrier that it fits a much wider variety of brands?

Thanks.

Looking to add some basic storage without breaking the bank.
Please let me know if I am missing anything:
Givi 1111FZ Monorack Sidearms Honda NC700X 2012-2014 (~100$)
Givi E21s or Kappa 21Ns (~180$) or Givi E22Ns (~225$)
Kappa 35N (~60$)

Did I miss anything?
Any other recommendations?
Do I need an extra mount for the 35N?

Had a few additional questions:
What are the Givi PLX1111 and PL1111?
Do they serve the same function as the 1111FZ but cost more or are they something I will need?
If so, is that instead of the 1111FZ or in addition to?
If in addition to, should I instead be looking at the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Evo Side carrier?
Is the primary advantage of the SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Evo Side carrier that it fits a much wider variety of brands?

Thanks.

In addition to the monorack side arms, Givi wants you to buy the M5 or M5M adapter plate to mount the case. M5 or M5M depends whether you go with a monokey or a monolock top case. I haven't tried, but I wonder if you could just use the universal mounting plate the comes with every monolock top case.

Givi PL1111 and PLX1111 are the side loop hardware that mount monokey side cases. Most use the PL1111. The PLX1111 is only for the V35 cases and a few others. Neither takes the place of the 1111FZ arms. You need the FZ along with either the PL or PLX (depending on your side bags). The K21s or E22s use the PL1111.

The SW-Motech Evo side carriers can fit more brands of side cases, but you need to fork up $50 or so for the adapter hardware that matches each brand, in addition to having already bought the Evo side carriers. If you want SW-Motech, then go with the whole SW-Motech hardware set: the Alu-rack with the appropriate case adapter, and the Evo side carriers with the appropriate adapter. Do not try to mix Givi hardware and SW-Motech hardware.

The SW-Motech hardware is pricier but is more versatile, and the side carriers are very easily removable for a cleaner look if you don't have the side cases on. The Givi side hardware always stays on the bike.

Tourandride.com sometimes has some blowout sales. If you have patience you might get their bags for half price. I bought the Kappa K21s right at the end of December last year for $90 for the pair. Kappa K35 for $60 is a good price. Tourandride most always has a 10% off coupon code if you can find it.

For Givi you need:
1111FZ side arms
M5, M5M, or universal monolock plate (universal comes with monolock case)
Top case, either monolock or monokey. The Kappa K35N is a monolock case.
PL1111 or PLX1111 side hardware, depending on what side cases you buy.
Monokey side bags

Monolock and monokey are two slightly different Givi mounting schemes. Monolock is used on lighter duty top cases only. Monokey can be use as top or side bags. All side bags are monokey. Here is Givi's explaination:

Monokey - this series considered to be the premier range offers the versatility and functionality that enables this series of cases to be used either as a top trunk or saddlebag. The Monokey series with its heavy duty construction and elegant styling offers a wide variety of solutions to meet most styles of modern motorcycles and riding conditions.

Monolock - GIVI offer a very cost efficient solution in their Monolock series, these cases lighter in construction yet not compromising their efficency and durability, the Monolock series cases offers the complete top trunk solution. Each Monolock case comes complete with a universal mounting kit and hardware enabling this series of cases to be mounted to many stock or aftermarket flat or tubular luggage racks.

Monokey Side - This system designed purely as saddlebags, offers an integrated saddlebag solution creating a more stock look to many motorcycle models.)

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone post the SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag. Does anyone have these? I like them for the quick on/off, since I will not need saddlebags very often. Also very reasonably priced. Your thoughts?
bc_hta_01_740_10700_b_1sm.jpg

Well I took the plunge and ordered the givi trekker outback 58L topcase this week and the prices were so much better with the flat rate international shipping that I thought what the heck for $126 I will just add the givi crash bars too. I'll post pics once I get it mounted.

simple leather bags

I'm on my third set of saddle bags:
1) Nelson-Rigg CL-855
2) 36 can cooler bags from Walmart
and now....
3) simple leather bags from Jafrum.com

they look like this: [link HERE]
motorcycle-saddlebags-sd2050-Black.jpg
I've modified the part that goes over the pillion seat to have two nylon straps with quick releases. That way, I can tension them as needed but still get them apart quickly when it's time to gas up.

I've added QR side straps as well so they really will stay put.
Both sit on the same PVC frame work I made for the first set of bags.
(Pictures of both coming as soon as I get home to take them.)

the set I ordered were damaged so I got them for $30 (not $60... thank you Mr. Jafrum...there's a small cut on one of the side panels).

As Promised... here's photos of the above leather bags on an NC700x.
20141109_131240a.jpg
From the side, they look quite a bit bigger than they are. I'd rather have the Nelson Rigg CL-855s for cross country touring, but these are enough to get my humble technicians gear out to the schools where I work.

20141109_131417a.jpg
Looking back, you can see that they aren't especially deep. They don't stick out as much as other bags I've had, but they do have a certain good looking style... something I don't usually care much about.

20141109_131430a.jpg
The bags are meant to be tied together with the bits of leather shoe lace they come with in the holes you can see here. That would work, but it's not especially adjustable, and you can't get it apart quickly enough for filling up with gas (petrol).
The nylon QR straps are an inexpensive addition and solve both problems: Fine adjustment, and Quick Release.
(I have the same QR buckles on each side of each bag, four of them total, so that when I undo these on top, the bags can't just fall off even when I undo the top QRs at the gas station)

20141109_131457a.jpg
Here's what they look like from the rear.
Overall, they are good quality, leather, saddle bags for $60. I would recommend them!

Last edited:
As Promised... here's photos of the above leather bags on an NC700x.
View attachment 21217
From the side, they look quite a bit bigger than they are. I'd rather have the Nelson Rigg CL-855s for cross country touring, but these are enough to get my humble technicians gear out to the schools where I work.

View attachment 21218
Looking back, you can see that they aren't especially deep. They don't stick out as much as other bags I've had, but they do have a certain good looking style... something I don't usually care much about.

View attachment 21219
The bags are meant to be tied together with the bits of leather shoe lace they come with in the holes you can see here. That would wor, but it's not especially adjustable, and you can't get it apart quickly enough for filling up with gas (petrol).
The nylon QR straps are an inexpensive addition and solve both problems: Fine adjustment, and Quick Release.
(I have the same QR buckles on each side of each bag, four of them total, so that when I undo these on top, the bags can't just fall off)

View attachment 21220
Here's what they look like from the rear.
Overall, they are good quality, leather, saddle bags for $60. I would recommend them!
They look good.

Could the straps be routed under the rear seat to allow getting at the gas cap without removing? I would worry about quick release being to obvious and quick for a thief.

They look good.
Could the straps be routed under the rear seat to allow getting at the gas cap without removing? I would worry about quick release being to obvious and quick for a thief.

Interesting idea! I'll give that a try and report back. They have a lot of tension on them, so I wonder how they'd do making the turns needed to go under...hmmm....... more later today.

The big leather flaps the straps sit on... could be a problem.

Last edited:
You could always take the buckles and straps off and use zip ties,then it may be thin enough to fit under seat.

You could always take the buckles and straps off and use zip ties,then it may be thin enough to fit under seat.

I considered the zip tie approach. If I cut those leather flaps back to 1" each, then drilled holes in them, they would zip tie to the hand rails.
Nothing would have to go over/under the seat. Each zip tie is rated at 50lbs, so two or three would be plenty.

I was attempting to preserve the integrity of the product and do something a little classier than my usual utilitarian (ugly) solutions.

I had to use zip ties to pull these type of bags tight on my vstar.I made other holes also.I like your hack approaches,makes it different from the others.☺

I'm on my third set of saddle bags...

That just reminds me of a philosophy that I've stumbled onto in recent years that boils down to: the most expensive things you can buy are often the cheapest when you add up the cost of all the cheaper iterations of the thing that you eventually buy.

I have to admit that your leather bags look pretty decent. I'll PM you some thoughts to make it work to avoid hijacking this thread.

I had to tighten up my Pelican locking hardware this past weekend, but other than that they've performed flawlessly for the past riding season (not a lot of miles, but 30 miles daily use). They'll never win an award for being pretty, but they rock at being functional.

Back