• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

the real reason I do it is because I like tinkering. I like the small engineering project on the weekend... I suppose I should become more of a mechanic.... and just constantly adjust the engine.... that would serve as well.

So, just got my Kappa KGR33's, mounted on a homemade pair of sidecarriers for my SW-Motech Alu rack. Width is 33"

The top case is the KGR52.

1203771cb3ce5b4faa8d259a7c626b78.jpg
edeba392b8af05162aa68c102f86e65c.jpg

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone post the SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag. Does anyone have these? I like them for the quick on/off, since I will not need saddlebags very often. Also very reasonably priced. Your thoughts?
View attachment 21196

Searching here and there while I try to sleep, I found this too https://m.louis.eu/artikel/moto-detail-luggage-system-universal/10026555

They seem very similar. No comments on either.
I'm more inclined to the soft panniers as I already have top box from shad Case SH46 2010 - Top Cases - Shad - Engineered for riding and rarely use it as it's too big and tall
Suggestions please

Searching here and there while I try to sleep, I found this too https://m.louis.eu/artikel/moto-detail-luggage-system-universal/10026555

They seem very similar. No comments on either.
I'm more inclined to the soft panniers as I already have top box from shad Case SH46 2010 - Top Cases - Shad - Engineered for riding and rarely use it as it's too big and tall
Suggestions please

In doing a bit more research on the SW-Motech blaze bags, it seems that their capacity is rather small. So you're basically paying for the mounting system and a less functional bag. I think the mounting system is really slick, but have since removed them from my considerations (after posting the comment you quoted) based on size.

In doing a bit more research on the SW-Motech blaze bags, it seems that their capacity is rather small. So you're basically paying for the mounting system and a less functional bag. I think the mounting system is really slick, but have since removed them from my considerations (after posting the comment you quoted) based on size.

I am not sure how much volume you are looking for but they are 28-42 liters of capacity. The bags were initially designed for sport bikes and as such the aesthetic called for a lower profile, smaller bag. I just toured for 30 days with these, a topcase, and a drybag and was just fine. I used them mainly for raingear, cooling vest, snacks and water on one side and clothing/tools on the other side.

Kev

I am not sure how much volume you are looking for but they are 28-42 liters of capacity. The bags were initially designed for sport bikes and as such the aesthetic called for a lower profile, smaller bag. I just toured for 30 days with these, a topcase, and a drybag and was just fine. I used them mainly for raingear, cooling vest, snacks and water on one side and clothing/tools on the other side.

Kev

14-21 liters per bag is a lot smaller than some of the others that expand from about 26-32 liters per bag. I'm not saying I need that much space, but if I were going to spend the $$ I would prefer a bit more. As always YMMV

Kev

I have the SW Motech Blaze bags and have been well pleased with them. I have yet to expand them for lack of space. With the top box and dry bag I have plenty of storage for 3-4 day camping trips. I generally carry my clothes in the Blaze bags. The included dry bags keep everything dry. I like the low profile sportbike look of the bags and the mounting system is top notch. My only complaint as with any soft bag is security. But with the quick release mounting they are easy to take with me.

P8290138.jpg

PA260006.jpg

PA180184.jpg

Attachments

• PA180185.jpg
    PA180185.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 3,155
Last edited:
I have SW Motech Trax sidecases. I used them combined with a Giant Loop Fort Rock Bag for my trip to the Grand Canyon this year. I liked this combo specially the Giant Loop bag cause i didn't need to remove the bag for fuelling...but had to remove the bag to access the sidecases that open on the top... this force a guy to be organised... apparently I was not on the first days of the trip... anyway I then attached the bag with Rok Straps that made the loading/unloading easier...
IMG_0367.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,862
With all of the side cases, does each come with the mounting brackets or are they sold separately?

I have purchased used hard saddle bags which I have never seen before for only $20 and I want to mount them to my NC700X.

But I want to use brackets from a name brand pannier so in the event the bags look too odd I can then purchase the regular hard bags.

If I use Givi hardware I can then purchase Givi side bags in the event the used bags I have look too goofy.

But I cannot find any hardware sold separately.

Does the hardware always come with the side bags?

Thanks.

God bless!!

Michael

You can also get hardware separately at Twisted Throttle - I have the SW Motech mounts, and then the adapter kit that works with my Givi Trekker bags (and they also sell other adapter kits).

New SHAD boxes and seat.

Everything was easy to install. The seat is a big improvement over the stock seat. Like other posts about SHADUSA, it was not the easiest transaction. IMG_1388.jpgIMG_1387.jpgIMG_1386.jpg

I installed Givi Trekker 33L cases. Lots of space and I like the feature that allows either top-only access or full swing out. And I think they look great on my silver 2012 NC700x!

22452dbe1647e71fdc227efe23068f01.jpg

67a888f8eeae649cfad3dd2cb4e70981.jpg

5140e6405cc009947f57ec28a2ea754e.jpg

Roborider - NC700x - Southwest Virginia

Interesting idea! I'll give that a try and report back. They have a lot of tension on them, so I wonder how they'd do making the turns needed to go under...hmmm....... more later today.

The big leather flaps the straps sit on... could be a problem.

after a few weeks...

Routing the flaps that go over the pillion seat UNDER said seat turned out to be unnecessary.

The saddle bags also have side QR straps that hold them to the PVC bracket underneath... (I added those immitating the Nelson Riggs)
I put a QR (Quick Release) on the left/right side of both bags to keep them from sliding forward/backward.

Gassing up means releasing the two QRs on top of the pillion seat. The straps I added hold the bags to the bike.
Raise the pillion seat, gas up, close the seat, reconnect the two QRs, cinch the straps, and you're off. (see photo below).

20141109_131430a.jpg

Here is what I've ended up with... I do like 1 long trip a year, so this will be fine......

Givi 3D600 Bags
Givi TE1111 racks

Last edited:
Back