• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Placing Bets...will I get home.

yes, there was a pic, I pulled it down.
Yes 1600 hundred miles, not 16000. I new experience for me. However, others have had similar experiences on the dunlops.

I plan to order some PR4's tomorrow.

16 hundred??? :confused:
You don't mean 16 Thousand?
I have NEVER gotten less than 7500 miles on any tire, ever.
Was thee a pic there? It didn't show if there was

7,500 to 8,000 miles is the same mileage I get on a rear tire, and about 10,000 to 11,000 on a front tire.

I never run 41psi on this bike and most definitely would not go above that. My normal rear tyre pressure is 37/38 solo. The tyre as is should get you home. Just ease up on the straight line acceleration which is not excessive in the first place.

To each their own I suppose. I don't think I've ever left the house with less than 42 psi in the rear on purpose. Honda says 42 psi right on the swing arm, everyone can adjust to taste from there.

How many miles do you get from a set of tires Griff?

trey

Had PR4's put on the NC today. No joy from the dealer, but they did say they would contact Honda about the low life of the tires. I suggest others out there do the same. Make a little noise.

The stock Dunlop is crap, 1450 miles and my rear tire is bald, I was in a similar situation as you , I was in Arkansas needed 400 miles to get home and I was worried that it would go to cord. Be careful and keep an eye on it.
Craig

Glad that the new model 700X's are coming with the scorpions. About 1000 on mine and still looks good! You'll make it with that tire, just take it easy.

I tried to get a set (Third) for my trip to Alaska and the dealer/independent could not find the rear scorpion in the states (I'm leaving 5/21 so no time) ... one of his distributors said they are not making the rear scorpion that will fit the X anymore. Other distributors could not confirm but could not get a rear either. I was allowed to over hear the conversations so I believe my rep. I just went with MP4s since I was out of time. I like the Scorpions a lot and seem to get decent mileage. This last set the rear is better than 50% shot after 4000 miles and had large flat spot but I was over loaded on a trip to the VA HU gathering...some thought I was a RTW traveler with all the stuff I had on the bike. That could have made the tire wear more and funny.

Boz

BTW traveling lot lighter to Alaska... :) Old farts sometimes do learn from their mistakes...

Last edited:
Back