• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig Pro Frame Sliders

Are these significantly lighter than engine guards?

If they were and they actually function when layed down I would replace my PUIG guards with these just to save some weight

Looks great. Main question is do they actually work when there is a fall?

Sent from my LG-D955 using Tapatalk

They do. Sort of.
I happened to drop the bike on gravel up in the mountains, so they took majority of the hit. But, since gravel is simply bunch of loose rocks, the sliders dig down and I had a few scratches and dents on the muffler, plus few scratches on the lower fairing. Nothing outrageous, apart from muffler which I was pissed off at myself for denting it. It would work much better on asphalt.

That said, I discovered - without a surprise, actually - that the plate mounting frame sliders to the engine bent a little. There's simply nothing to transfer force of the impact around, so naturally the first thing to go is the one-point-mounted plate.
Still, if I didn't have these, the damage would be far worse than that so they do work, but if you want full protection and longevity, you'll need to find something else.
But they will work :) When I'll get back home, I'll post pictures (in an hour or so).

Are these significantly lighter than engine guards?

If they were and they actually function when layed down I would replace my PUIG guards with these just to save some weight

They are lighter, but your bike is much better protected with engine guards, so it's a matter of what's more important to you ;)

These two are comparison of the good left (left of the bike) side vs right, bent side. Notice the right frame slider, how it's slightly bent back- and upwards.
IMG_20160610_175401.jpgIMG_20160610_175404.jpg

Again, goth sliders, from the side:
IMG_20160610_175411.jpg
IMG_20160610_175422.jpg

So, to sum this up: if you've got no protection, or can't afford engine guards, frame sliders are not that bad and will provide certain degree of protection. Definitely better than no protection at all.
But if you can afford engine guards, it'll always be far better choice.

Last edited:
Back