• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rain riding mods?

For a heavy Florida thunderstorm, I gotta agree with DanWill about the garage. Riding through a really heavy storm is my definition of misery. On the other hand, riding in a light rain can actually be refreshing on a hot and muggy summer day without any special gear. For any thing in between I like a good rain suit, full face helmet, waterproof boots, and gloves.

Bob

Rain on any interstate with 18 wheelers sucks when your on a bike. Lots of water gets thrown your way. If going cross county in the rain, try to find a road that goes the same way, but off the interstate. In the hot summer months, when not on an interstate, rain is quite comfortable to ride in if you have good rain gear. Logged many a mile in the rain, it is just part of life on a motorcycle you can't get around if you ride.

Perhaps you should get a set of those new-fangled ABS brakes? Just kidding.

One of the two times I was not stopping when they slid on me. And, ABS does nothing to improve the wet traction of the tire.

I managed both slides without throwing the bike down the road.

I was wondering if anyone put pr3 on yet.that is what i will be doing when time to get rid of the crap Honda put on.

For me it will be getting rid of these dang Metzeler Z8 tires. I've gotten seriously sideways twice in the rain.

Aside from the super hard to tell wear bars (or lack thereof...) I never minded my Z6 Metz tires on my F800. The Z8's on my NCX were the cause of me naming my bike Gabby. (Gabi-N, roughly a Japanese slang phrase for: Holy Sh*t!)

[Foghorn Leghorn] Ah hates mah Z8's, ah do. [/Foghorn Leghorn]

Good breathable rain gear like Frogg Toggs or an Aerostich Roadcrafter then a Pinlock face shield. Provided I'm geared appropriately I like riding in the rain.

ABS and tires with a more aggressive drainage pattern.
And some things you can't buy.
Skill and common sense.
Having ridden in Oregon for ten years got me some rain riding skill.
Unfortunately common sense was beyond my grasp.

I don't understand all the dumping on the Z8s based on my riding 14k on them but we all have different experiences with them and our own perspectives. I liked its predecessor the Z6 as well.

Metzeler Z8 wins Motorrad award - Product News - Visordown

Motorrad has a good reputation as an objective testing organization.

That said I am going to Pilot Road 3s in a few weeks. I want longer life than the 8,000 miles I am getting out of Z8 rears. With only 50 odd hp they should provide longer wear. When I went to PR3s on my ST1300 I did not give up much handling crispness for about 30-40% longer tire life which was acceptable.

What are the most worthwhile rain accessories that should be added to the NC700x?

A big wind screen is a must for me. Being able to duck behind the shield has been great, and I have rode in a lot of downpours. My first gear jacket has also kept me dry, my leather over-pants, well I wasn't soaked.
All that said, my old Goldwing under speed was amazing how dry I would stay until I slowed down or stopped.

Well, allot of people don't have weatherproof gloves... or boots.. You could get a pair of waterproof gloves for not too much $$. You can also get boot rain covers if your boots aren't waterproof.

A Fog city insert or pinlock for your visor will help in the rain as well as in the cold months (keeps visor from fogging up). This is something you NEED.

Barkbusters or hand guards will keep you from feeling the rain on your gloves.... if it is pouring, it can be quite distracting even if your wearing waterproof gloves.

The jury is still out on the deflectors... the bottom ones probably help a LITTLE at keeping the spray off your feet. The upper ones maybe a little as well.

Taller windscreen like the madstad or Puig (they seem to be the highest rated) would be the most noticeable help.

Back