• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replaced clutch,now no spark.

I'm betting it's unplugged. Harness probably goes to the other side and you disconnected it. You better fix this before Vegas are you won't be able to concentrate of your monster trucks! :D

I had exactly the same problem when I replaced the clutch on my 700, the ckp is held by 2 bolts to the casing. It will fit both ways. I had put mine on back to front and it looks fine. I too had no spark. I flipped the ckp back over and problem solved, I hope this is useful to you.
Stuart

I had exactly the same problem when I replaced the clutch on my 700, the ckp is held by 2 bolts to the casing. It will fit both ways. I had put mine on back to front and it looks fine. I too had no spark. I flipped the ckp back over and problem solved, I hope this is useful to you.
Stuart

Did it throw a code ??.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Hi, I didn't look for a code, I figured it had to be that because it was the only electrical component I had handled. I took the clutch casing back off and everything did look ok. But I realised the ckp was facing the wrong way. There is enough slack in the wiring for it to go either way. When it's "correct" there are some tiny lugs on the ckp that fit in to the clutch casing helping it sit flush.

If the wire is off the EOP switch the oil light will not come on. I see in the video that the oil light does not go out while the engine is cranked over. It should have oil pressure after a couple of seconds of cranking.

I like Machineman's theory.

Thank you,I will pull off the case and check.

I'm wondering if the engine oil pressure switch code shown that it's a bit of a red herring, as lootzyan says- the bike should still start and run with that malfunction.

I mistakenly thought sensor rotor when we were talking about a possible CKP sensor problem in my earlier post and was puzzled when you said you didn't touch it. But as machineman kindly pointed out, the CKP sensor itself, in theory, gets unbolted from the side case when you remove it, so we are now back again to that being a possible culprit.

Unless of course you just left it bolted to the case, and moved the case out of the way- which might have strained a wire and caused a break or undone connection.

I couldn't actually find a MIL code for a faulty CKP sensor or rotor, and it is possible to have the bike not start, yet show no malfunction codes apparently, so maybe the engine check 8-7 is merely a result of it not starting, not a cause of it not starting, if you follow.

At first I just propped the sidecase with the sensor still hooked up on to my highway peg.But then I decided to take off the sensor.

I was just thinking the same thing about the oil pressure !!.
When I get back next week I will pull off the case and hopefully find the sensor upside down !!.

...Is posible that 87 code came out because there was not enough oil pressure - engine didn't start up...

No, it doesn't make any sense.
It's hard to believe that Honda engineers made this kind of mistake. If CKP sensor doesn't send any signal it cannot be that MIL shows something else malfunctioning. You may still have a problem with EOP switch additionally to CKP sensor. Check EOP switch connection harness.

Stuart

You my friend are a GENIUS!!.
I drained the oil and popped off the side case and guess what ????.The sensor was on upside down !!.
Turned it around and bolted everything back up,filed it with oil and she fired right up !!.
No MIL,codes and she runs good ..

Back