• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Replaced clutch,now no spark.

YAY!

More-than-1-standing-ovation.jpg

If there is nothing wrong with EOP switch, it looks like, accidentally, you just discovered a flaw (bug) in self-diagnosing programming. That's a case for Honda engineers but I doubt that they follow this forum. I am going to mark my service manual for "future" references - don't trust MIL blinks.

I know you're relieved and sleeping better after that ordeal.

I'm a service manual junky and do nothing w/o one. They are worth many times over the cost of their purchase.

My new Accord may never have an owner service manual for it so I will do nothing more than basic fluid changes via the owner manual. Get the book.

I love a good mystery. So many viable suspects, the perjurious secret code, the curious sidestand clue, the suspense prolonging trip to Vegas, worldwide drama, only to find the CKS sensor flipped on you after you had been so sensitive and careful. It had no sane motive. At least it wasn't the butler this time.

THEN yesterday I get it all back together,fill with oil ( for the 4th time) ,install the skid plate and clean everything up.I then go to put away all my tools and in the bottom of my tool bag I find the thrust washer from the transmission shaft !!!!!!!!!!

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

THEN yesterday I get it all back together,fill with oil ( for the 4th time) ,install the skid plate and clean everything up.I then go to put away all my tools and in the bottom of my tool bag I find the thrust washer from the transmission shaft !!!!!!!!!!

Please don't take this the wrong way but I would recommend that next time you undertake a mechanical task on your bike, you may want to slow your process down a bit, take lot's of pictures of how things were before you take them apart and perhaps stage your parts in an organized fashion in the order in which they were removed. It's not a criticism but rather a tip. I've been working on my own bikes (and other mechanical things) for years and the one thing I have learned is that I can't rely on my memory always for how to put things back together no matter how competent I think I am. If I take a part off that has a certain orientation I try to make some kind of guide or ledger mark on it. If I remove wires I either take a picture or write down which wire went where and I always try to either sort hardware in the order it was removed or even put it in marked compartments or ziplock bags that are labeled. Even with my process I can still end up scratching my head with an extra plastic body rivet or screw that will vex me until I can find it's location but if I know at what point it came out during the process, it saves me from having to undertake additional dis-assembly to return it to its home.

I have been doing my own repairs for 30 years,I had it all together but after the 4th time I took it all apart it got a little out of place.I did take pictures but not enough I guess.My main problem was that I didn't wait for the shop manual,it came just days after I started.
I did take it all back apart and put in the washer and did a complete check before I buttoned it back up.
The funny thing is I had that washer in my hand ready to put on when my 3 year old granddaughter came into the shop and wanted me to open her bottle of bubbles.I put the washer in my tool bag so I wouldn't loose it !!!.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Kids (and grand kids I'm sure) can be distracting. Wasn't trying to criticize it's just that your CKP being in the wrong orientation after the first tear-down reminded me of a similar situation I had with my wife's first bike, a Suzuki Bandit and the Throttle Position Sensor which I removed matter-of-factly while removing the carbs for a re-build. Bike just wouldn't run right and I spent days trying to figure out how I messed up the carbs when it was that the TPS just wasn't positioned properly. Anyhow the important thing is that you're up and running again.

Back