• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Requesting pictures of Corbin Seat with stock pillion

macguy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I've decided to buy a Corbin seat but I would like to stick with the stock pillion. Corbin has all kinds of different colors and patterns of the leather to choose from and i'm trying to decide which one(s) will look the best with the stock pillion. For those of you that have done this do you have any pictures or advice you would be willing to share?

I just placed order Saturday night. I went with basic black on everything (Black Logo, Asphalt Vinyl Sides, No Welts, Black Stitch, N/A Trim, Black Natural Seating).

I can get one tomorrow, I didn't try to match the stock cover.

I used their "best" style cover for grip and it works just fine.

Corbin Seat

Here is a picture of my Corbin seat that I've had for about eight months now. It's the third bike that I've had a Corbin seat installed, and this one is the most comfortable one yet. On the Corbin website they suggest it could take up to 2,000 miles to break-in a new seat, though I'm having a hard time discerning a difference after my 2,800 mile trip to Sturgis this past summer, but I do find it comfortable and did from when it was first installed. You asked for a picture of the Corbin seat with the stock pillion, which obviously this isn't as I replaced the passenger pillion too with a Corbin, but I thought I'd share this pic anyway. I chose black leather with the blue carbon fiber welt as I liked the accent color. Only comments I have for the passenger pillion option is the additional cost, which for me was probably not worth it since I don't carry a passenger, plus it is noticeably more difficult to release the pillion to gain access to the gas tank, but that has gotten progressively easier over time, and pressing down on the pillion while you release the latch helps. Should I decide to carry a passenger, I believe the Corbin pillion seat would be considerably more comfortable than the stock due to the additional padding it provides.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 372
Thanks for the replies so far everyone. I don't know if I care to match the seat with the pillion but I do want them to look good together. Has anyone used the black carbon fiber cover and if so is it grippy and does it look OK with the stock material?

How do you like that seat? And when are we riding?

It probably triples or more the time before starting to shift around for comfort over the stock seat.
I'm finally getting a cracked tooth pulled next week, so once that's settled out I'll message you about scheduling a ride.

That looks nice, thank you for taking the time to take the pic. Is that the carbon fiber pattern on the top?

I have the carbon fiber on the bike I traded in and it's a little slippery if I was wearing my cold/rain suit.

That's actually what they call the Classic (Basketweave), it has better grip.

Back