• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Results of my accessory/upgrade addiction...

jlandon

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody… I am incredibly grateful that this forum exists as I have received a plethora of useful information from the various posts. Additionally, everyone has been extremely helpful to me as I have researched and fully outfitted my 2012 NC700X DCT (of course like probably many of us, I have gone way overboard with the accessory/upgrade “thing”). Anyway, I wanted to be sure to share some pics of my various upgrades (and associated hyperlinks) as this information may help somebody else in the future looking to do similar upgrading. Sorry for the length of this post…I’m trying to provide complete info for everybody so they can also find any these items if they want…

First, I bought most of the NC700X parts offered by Honda (2012 NC700X Overview - Honda Powersports). These include: 12V Accessory Socket, Centerstand, Fairing Air Deflector, Front Side Cowl Panel, Lower Wind Deflector (DCT), Rear Carrier, Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Mount Brackets, Rear Trunk (45L), Relay Kit, Saddlebag Panel Kit, Saddlebag Set (29L), Saddlebag Support Bracket, Sub Harness, Tall Windscreen. I’ve included a pic of my bike showing the various Honda accessories I installed (prior to installing some of the other upgrades mentioned below). Bike with all three cases.jpgI had my local Honda dealer order and install all of this stuff for me. I also had them order and install the Givi TN1111 Engine Guard (Givi TN1111 Engine Guard Honda NC700X - RevZilla).Givi Engine Guard.jpg

I then decided to replace the tall windscreen with the CalSci Sporty size, (Honda NC700X NC700S Windshields, pic of mine is attached). CalSci Sporty.jpgBTW, I am 5’10” and this size screen seems to work great – much less wind (and bugs) than the taller Honda Touring Screen that I had installed previously. BTW, I also bought Dale’s nut plates (coming in the mail to me in the next couple of days – Thanks Dale!). Since I had the Honda Touring Screen, I had the Honda nut plates to hold me over for the CalSci install until the more sturdy/custom ones from Dale arrive. I also needed to buy some new M6 bolts to make this install work, M6x40MM (https://www.belmetric.com/sb6x40-button-head-p-3848.html?cPath=6_341_377). I had purchased and previously installed the BarkBuster hand guards too, but I removed them so the CalSci screen would work safely without hitting the handlebars.

I also rode up to see Rocky at Bill Mayer Saddles (BILLMAYERSADDLES, aftermarket motorcycle seats, custom motorcycle seats, the Original Mayer Saddle, located in Ventura, CA - and had him install a new custom seat for me (in leather, pic of mine is attached). BMS Seat.jpgI absolutely love this seat…it feels so much better!!! Tell Rocky I sent you if you want one!

After much searching, I actually also found the genuine Honda pads (upper and lower) for the rear trunk (pic attached). Rear Case Pads.jpg These pads were kind of pricey because I had to buy them and have them shipped from the UK. I just installed them and they are sweeeeeeeet! However, the rear part of the seat (that goes up to allow for gasoline tank access) is somewhat obstructed by the lower pad…but I don’t care (I can still access the gas tank just fine)… as my girlfriend/passenger will be absolutely delighted by these new pads!). Specific parts to order: 2012 Honda NC700X 45L Top Box (Alum) Upper Pad (51.06GBP) and 45L Top Box (Alu) Lower Pad (25.54GBP). NC700X (scroll to the bottom of the page to find these pads)

I also purchased and installed an SB-82100 Formotion Thermometer with the bolt-on mount and powder black P-Mount. Clock & Therms (I needed to use some 3M Super 88 black electrical tape under the bracket to get a nice snug fit on the handlebar since the Honda handlebar is just a bit smaller than the 7/8” p-mount. Thermometer.jpgBummer that Honda didn’t include a thermometer in their stock console/display…

I have also purchased a couple other accessories but I have yet to receive/install them (no pic, but here are the links). Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black), Contour 2780 Bar Mount for Contour Cameras, Sandisk 32GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ-032G-AFFP, all from Amazon.com Amazon.com: Contour ROAM2 Waterproof Video Camera (Black): Camera & Photo. I didn’t spend the extra $150 for the Contour+ because I don’t care about the additional features (GPS, etc.). I also purchased a couple of RAM Mounts – cell phone (Pic attached: RAM Mount Universal X-Grip Cell Phone Holder with 1-Inch Ball, RAM Mount Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base w/1" Ball, RAM Mount Aluminum Short Dual 1.0 inch Socket Arm, all from Amazon.com)RAM Phone Mount.jpg, and, beverage holder: Ram Mount RAM Cup Holder with U Bolt Base, purchased from Cruiser Customizing - Ram Mount RAM Cup Holder with U Bolt Base

Just to show you how completely “out of control” I have gone with all of my purchases, I also recently purchased and received the new Schuberth C3 Pro helmet (matte black, C3 Pro | Schuberth GmbH), the lightest and quietest modular helmet available, and their fully integrated SRC Bluetooth system SRC-Systemâ„¢ | Schuberth GmbH.

I am going on a glorious 1,000mi RT ride next weekend from my house in Newbury Park, CA up the California coastline (Big Sur, etc.) to San Francisco and back…I simply can’t wait to get out there on the open road. Based on everything I have done to upgrade/equip my bike, it should be a very comfortable trip!

Blessings to all! Jonathan :cool:

Well you look all set for the trip now!
I just got a Contour Roam2 myself. If you do not know how to change settings when away from PC, by using smartphone send me a message and I will explain.
Some Sandisk cards do not work well in the Roam2 I believe

Tony

Last edited:
You obviously have too much time and money on your hands. Fear not, my bike is on its way to you now... :)

On a serious note, what is your honest opinion of the calsci windshield, better? buffeting? Noisy? in comparison to the honda tall?

Last edited:
Mother Honda, your dealer, and all the aftermarket companies love you! Thanks for supporting the industry almost single handed. ;)

Looks mighty nice, BTW.

Greg

I actually just took my first ride with the new CalSci Shorty size windscreen and it works better than the touring screen (less of both wind and bug issues), but I think I will need to exchange it for the medium size as the wind is still hitting me in the helmet. I just called CalSci and they said they would exchange it for me...

I have the RAM X mount as well. I like it so far. I also like that it can hold my cell phone most of the time, then my GPS too when needed. It holds it's sung, but not crushing. I have an S3 with the commuter case from otter box, and so far no complaints.

You missed one thing, so did I. I'm still waiting for Happy to give me the link for those cow-warning strobe lights. When he does, I'll make sure you get it, too.

LoL....the cow-lights link should be under Beemerphile posts. Search for it.
I do not ride after sundown, those darn Vampires.
Me scared.

That is the most mod'ed bike from ready-made accessories before it even got to 1000km I'd bet?
Good job!
:p

So, I'm curious about that CalSci windscreen and the barkbusters.
Your initial config looked a LOT like mine (honda touring screen, barkbusters, oem bags and stands, mod'ed seat, engine guards and that awesome X-Mount). But I can't live without the Bark Busters. I ride in temps below 20F. My hands would fall off even with good gloves. So, how badly did the CalSci and the Barkbusters mash up? I'm considering a taller screen like the CalSci to replace the touring screen, but haven't figured out which one yet.

Thanks!
J.

Back