• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ride-on or Slime?

After experiencing my first flat, I want a little extra insurance. So what do you guys think, ride-on or slime ?

1.jpgRide On does not damage your rims, and is not a mess like slime. Also, Ride On balances your tires!

[video=youtube;4tQ6hFqifE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQ6hFqifE8[/video]

[video=youtube;vW4dwsp6oUU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW4dwsp6oUU[/video]

smileymadteeth.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to radio driving home through Atlanta this afternoon the traffic advisory reported a Motorcycle on the side of I-85 with a flat tire. I was passing through on I-20 towing a U-Haul so didn't see him. If I had I would have stopped and offered help.

Both of our travel bags are set up with full plug kits and electric pumps that run off our bike's 12 volt power. I usually have us plugged and ready to go in 20 minutes or less. Take a look at the 3" bolt The Girl picked up on the Tiger last May. Took 3 or 4 plugs side-by-side (forgot the count but I did 4 on my Blackbird once) to seal the puncture but it held no problem. Did not even loose any air overnight.

First picture is the plugs installed and the second is the culprit.

IMAG1889.jpg

IMAG1886.jpg

Plug kits are cheap ride insurance and much more effective than sealants

KEB

Plug kits are cheap ride insurance and much more effective than sealants

Could sealants mess plug adhension?
If this grande-bolt was not held in place there would be a fast deflation and a sealant could help making the deflation less sudden but I guess it would cause trouble for the plug glue to properly work.

I have both, just in case.....

I don't carry sealant but I do carry a back-up hand pump that used to be my only pump. I have plugged many friend's tires on the road and we used to take turns with that little hand pump until we would get enough air in a tire to get us to a gas station. The 12V compressor was a revelation but it used to mean mandatory luggage before the frunk.

KEB

I use Ride-On and carry a plug kit with a small compressor just in case.

sent from a singars radio

Same here, I have used Slime for a long time in my 4x4 ATV's and low pressure tires, (lawn mowers) and they have had a ton of plugs in them from Locust / Osage orange trees. Never any problems with plugs not Holding. Since I found out about Ride-On, I started using it in my bike tires, I haven't had any flats and don't have to balance my tires since Ride-On and Slime take care of that.
Wheel weights are better served for ammo anyway.

I have Ride-On in my front tire, and will have it in both front and rear once I put my new tires on. I'll be adding a small plug kit soon, I believe. I _want_ a small compressor, but _don't_ want to sacrifice the storage space, so we'll see where I end up in another while.

With the EPA, wheel weights will soon be history. There are no more lead smelters in the USA and it will be $$$$ to ship in lead for wheel weights, beside we need the lead for ammo :)

i've never heard of ride-on but i'll check it out. i've never had a flat on a bike, knock on wood. i've also never had a plug kit with me or any kind of pump so i guess i've been quite lucky so far but knowledge is power. i'll make sure to have something with me, especially since i'll be commuting on the bike 160 miles a day to work and back.

that's a gnarly plug you had kebrider!

I have Ride-On in my front tire, and will have it in both front and rear once I put my new tires on. I'll be adding a small plug kit soon, I believe. I _want_ a small compressor, but _don't_ want to sacrifice the storage space, so we'll see where I end up in another while.

The slime small compressor fits under the fake air scoop so you aren't taking up frunk room.

The storage space problem can be solved by using the Fuct. Fake air panel to the left and right of the frunk two pins and a Phillips screw hold it in place and that's where I stash my compressor.

Gigs

Back