• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat Slope Mod by SmallLabTinyFab

It looks like the part sells for $25.43. I wonder if you could just shim the original part with some washers and longer bolts?

Make your own with a piece of Simpson Strong Tie strapping, LSTA 1-1/4 in. x 18 in. 20-Gauge Galvanized Strap Tie, from Home Depot
.Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 6.37.27 PM.png
It's pre-drilled, just bend it in a vise using a light rubber hammer.
It costs $1.20

Last edited:
I have seen some free STL files available for this part (or similar to it) meaning you can 3D print your own or order through Shapeways or something. I just cut mine from a scrap piece of 3/4" plywood.

This topic goes back to Jan 2013 with 230 posts………and a no cost modification:

Here is a 3D-printable seat-slope mod I made... feel free to print it out yourself. If you don't have a 3D printer it's definitely an easy modification to make with a trip to the hardware store and a little creativity.

Edit: I'm modifying the design a little... url to come

IMG_0321.jpg

Last edited:
Just saw a video for this seat slope mod part that someone is making and selling. Has anybody tried it vs. the DIY approach?

IMO You probably need to extend the two rubber bushings on the seat as well otherwise you will only have the. press on the small plastic tab on the seat.

IMO You probably need to extend the two rubber bushings on the seat as well otherwise you will only have the. press on the small plastic tab on the seat.
That's what the raised nubs on the outboard edges of the new bracket are for, if I'm not mistaken. The OEM rubber bumpers would appear to rest on these nubs.

Here is a 3D-printable seat-slope mod I made... feel free to print it out yourself. If you don't have a 3D printer it's definitely an easy modification to make with a trip to the hardware store and a little creativity.

Edit: I'm modifying the design a little... url to come

View attachment 48116
Hello, could you please pass me the url of the printout

Just saw a video for this seat slope mod part that someone is making and selling. Has anybody tried it vs. the DIY approach?

Ordered one yesterday, will reply when installed and tested. I am desperate for a more comfortable riding seat experience. Love the 2015 NC700X DCT, I am spoiled.

Oh darn, sorry. Here you go:
I had a bent piece of metal under there before, had a chance to print and install this for a more polished look - yeah, I know, but I know what's under my seat lol. Seems like little bigger gap, but it's a better fit so less movement once the seat is bolted back on. Thanks for sharing your design, looking forward to getting some miles on it and seeing how it does!

This is on a 2018.

Attachments

• IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
I forwarded the files to a local 3D printer.
The guy quoted $20 for 2 copies.
Not sure why he gave me a price on 2.
I only need/want 1.
I'll phone him and see what his deal is.
What are you guys paying for printing of the 3D bracket?

Back