• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

I finally saw another NC other than mine today! Actually, it was someone test riding the fully dressed (with Honda stuff) 2013 that's been sitting in the local showroom.
The local showroom (dealer) is about 1/4 mile from where I work.

Wouldn't you know, I was in my cage!!!!!

I hope he bought it. They had another 2012 (used) that sat out front so long, they sent it to auction. People around here prefer cruisers....losers....sorry, didn't really mean that. It would be nice to find someone locally with the same tastes as me/us.

The NC is on its third model year and I have yet to see a specimen in the wild (outside of mine obviously) with the exception of catching a glance at what I think was a red version like mine at a gas station not far from my house. I saw it from behind and it had Givi hard bags on it so I can't be sure it was an NC given the angle I saw it from. But, I'm pretty sure it was. So, if you're a local and not just someone passing through, hit me up on here. Hard to find like minded riders in Southern Indiana. (Harleys are by far the dominant species in this ecosystem.)

Hey vodapas, I know for certain there is a 2013 silver nc700x which lives in the Bloomington area (my riding buddy). I have a red one and ride occasionally thru Bloomington but I don't have hard cases (I have cheap soft bags). I live between Salem, Henryville, and Scottsburg but ride all over on the weekends. I have the 2013 red manual version.

Hey vodapas, I know for certain there is a 2013 silver nc700x which lives in the Bloomington area (my riding buddy). I have a red one and ride occasionally thru Bloomington but I don't have hard cases (I have cheap soft bags). I live between Salem, Henryville, and Scottsburg but ride all over on the weekends. I have the 2013 red manual version.

That's awesome to hear. I knew there had to be some around here as Bloomington Power Sports has moved at least three since I went in to buy my Ninja 300. I'll keep my eye out for y'all!

I've seen two. A guy I work with has one and I saw one at the Leesburg Bike Festival about 2 months ago. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the one at work in a couple of months either. The NC is more a solitary beast. They don't herd like Harley's. :)

I was there on my NC Mike. Was it silver with all the OEM luggage?

vodapas; my buddy and me didn't buy from Bloomington. We both bought ours over in Terra Haute-Thompson Motor Sports-we like them better.

Understandable. The only reason I bought my Ninja there was because they were the only dealership within a reasonable distance who has one in the color I wanted. They definitely aren't the best dealership. I got my NC from Dreyer South. Pretty good experience there.

Saw a silver one yesterday in East Mesa on Guadalupe road around 5pm. Starting to see a lot more in AZ lately

Understandable. The only reason I bought my Ninja there was because they were the only dealership within a reasonable distance who has one in the color I wanted. They definitely aren't the best dealership. I got my NC from Dreyer South. Pretty good experience there.
Actually, my NC700x which I purchased from Thompson's Motorsports came from Dreyer South. I called Thompson's on a Tuesday and told them I wanted a 2013 Red manual nc700 and they had it for me on Saturday (they picked it up the day before). When I picked it up, they told me where they got it from and I had sat on the bike at Dreyer South the month before.

Thought I saw the first one that wasn't mine in a small/tiny foothill community on today's ride, from across the parking lot it looked like a red 2013 model.

As I got closer it was an Aprilia Caponord, still on the lookout. :)

Actually, my NC700x which I purchased from Thompson's Motorsports came from Dreyer South. I called Thompson's on a Tuesday and told them I wanted a 2013 Red manual nc700 and they had it for me on Saturday (they picked it up the day before). When I picked it up, they told me where they got it from and I had sat on the bike at Dreyer South the month before.

I actually headed over to Thompson's yesterday. That is an impressive dealership. Actually led to me seeing my first NC in the wild (not counting the two on the sales floor). I'm assuming you've seen the manager's? That thing is wild. Safety Orange, wheels and rack powder coated white. I seriously had to do a second take before I realized it was an NC. Wish I had thought to snap pics of it. I'm sure everyone on here would get a kick out of it.

Saw one silver one yesterday close to Malibu PCH...it was a silver one and rider had a high-Viz vest..we wave at each other...not sure if it's a member .

Saw one in Amity, Oregon on Saturday July 26 during the early afternoon. I was on the way to my granddaughter's 3rd birthday party so didn't have time to stop and chat.

I actually headed over to Thompson's yesterday. That is an impressive dealership. Actually led to me seeing my first NC in the wild (not counting the two on the sales floor). I'm assuming you've seen the manager's? That thing is wild. Safety Orange, wheels and rack powder coated white. I seriously had to do a second take before I realized it was an NC. Wish I had thought to snap pics of it. I'm sure everyone on here would get a kick out of it.

Yep, I know his bike. lots of miles on it already. He has other bikes but the nc700 is his commuter bike-he lives closer to Indy than Terra Haute.

A red one with Shad side cases seen at North Bend Medical Center this morning. Actually my wife spotted it and took some pictures to bring home to show me. I went over to see it and talk to the owner, but it was gone by the time I got there.

Saw my second NC, in North Riverside, 1st ave and 22nd rd.

It was clean, oh its a sweet bike, silver and no visible accessories, looks so sporty.

I saw one yesterday! First one EVER in Shreveport!
Of course, I was in my truck and stopped at the gas station....
I also saw a VERY old Indian (looked a lot like Fuzzy's son's 1929) and a
1974 BMW with a Ural (Russian) side car. I did stop and talk to the Beemer owner.
Real nice guy! Gives rides for donations at charity events.

I saw a "Silver" one earlier today stopped waiting to make a right turn from Lassen St to Balboa Bvld in Northridge, CA. I was stopped at the same intersection waiting to make a left turn onto Lassen St. We saw each other at first only acknowledging that we were both on motorcycles. Once we both realized that we were on NC700Xs, then we both "Lit Up" and then fully acknowledged each other that we were on the same model of bike. I gave him a "Thumbs Up".

That was the most "Animated" response that I ever got from a rider on a NC700X... :)

Last edited:
Back