• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seen in the wild

I spotted a new-ish looking black NC, it may have been a 2015 model with a temporary VT plate on it. We followed it on to a dirt road that was being graded with what looked like a mix of deep, dry sand and pebbles. It made for very difficult riding with my son Max saying over his headset a couple of times that he had almost dropped his CB500X. Instead of duck-walking the bikes in a U-turn on the main road, we turned off onto a side road behind that bike. I was sure at the time that the road looped around back to the main road having looked at a house for sale there years ago. The road turned out to be a dead end. I don't know where the rider and bike went.

I saw a red NC standard shift at Two Wheels of Suches Saturday 6/18 about noon. He got off before I could talk with him. I was incognito on my GS.

I saw a red NC standard shift at Two Wheels of Suches Saturday 6/18 about noon. He got off before I could talk with him. I was incognito on my GS.

Maybe he was a GS guy incognito on his NC.

Last edited:
I saw a silver one driving down main street in Sidney, NE a while back.
I was in the cage at the time. I'm pretty sure it was the NCX that had been gathering dust at the local dealer.
For some reason I thought it was a young kid, but Nebraska has a helmet law so I'm not sure how much of his face I could have seen to tell.
Maybe it was because he(?) was so skinny.

I saw a silver NC getting onto interstate 40 in Hermitage, TN (suburb of Nashville) a few weeks ago. Male rider. It's the only other one I have seen around Nashville.

Saw one today while I was out riding my Africa Twin. I was traveling west on HWY 88 and the NC was heading east. It never fails, I hardly ever see another NC when I was on mine. But if I drove my car or rode another bike then I see them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have less than 1000 miles on mine and since I bought mine I've seen 3 other wild NCX's in and around Dalton, GA. 2 live in/around Dalton and one was passing through going back home somewhere closer to the Tennessee line, he was down at a few of our local dealers with his 2 friends for the day.

I've seen the same guy on a silver nc for the past year. He wears a yellow jacket. Seen him in the morning through Castroville. One weekend I saw him going down to Greenfield and 30 minutes later back up. I've even seen him pass through Gonzales.

I went to the BMW ralley and saw five.
Two silver one black, and two red.
Half were DCT.
That's the most I have seen in one place.
Also saw a silver one at Niagra falls.

Last edited:
NC's at a BMW rally, that's funny. I guess they are the realistic affordable option for some who will never take that GS off road anyway. :)

I saw a 2012 manual last year parked across the street from where I work. I was so tempted to go buy the 2015 manual at the dealer, which is still there.

I saw a silver NC with what I believe was a Madstad windscreen in Arlington, VA this weekend. Rider looked smart in ATG (silver textile jacket). I had stopped in my hometown for the weekend after a trip overseas to Germany and Austria. I only saw one NC in Europe on my trip, in Salzburg. I did see three Africa Twins, though!

20160805_192901_resized.jpg

Spotted this red version at TugBoat Annies in Olympia, WA. Restuarant too crowded to figure out who owned it. I thought it might be YearRound Rider, but the rear rack is different.

>Thom

Back