• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

serious thoughts..

I have always looked at it this way. I'm going to die one way or another. Could be from prostate cancer, a heart attack, or a car wreck. A person does not know when their end will come and there is no use in worrying about it. Enjoy life. Be responsible and do the things you love. My mother died at the age of 63 from diabetes but she lived life to the fullest before she past. I plan to do the same thing.

I'm not trying to make light of your concerns. My recommendation is to not hunker down and wait. Live life and what happens, happens.

I want to be shot to death (when I am 99 years old by a jealous husband while jumping a 7 ft. chain link fence).

I think you said it best. "Don't know how I will die but do know how I want to live" And with all that going on at 99, I'm gonna stay and fight.

my this is getting out of hand ,who said anything about dying?
it never entered my head.
my main concerned is my wife as well as myself getting injured by these idiots riders/drivers.
anyway my too lads came around for tea as usual on tuesday.
we had a longish conversation about us riding and came to a conclusions..
don't let these ba**ards grind you down Dad say my eldest.
in short the answer is give it another year and if you still feel the same then by all means pack it in.
if we do then I'll probably buy myself a little sport car.
thanks for your imput.

BTW, do you know if there are motorcycles in heaven?

Yes, and dogs too (my dog anyway).

my this is getting out of hand ,who said anything about dying?
it never entered my head.

Anytime crashing a motorcycle is possible, so is dying. The discussions are inseparable.

Last edited:

I bought a primo 1997 Miata several years ago with similar thoughts. It sits in the garage, blocked in by my motorcycles, used occasionally when my wife and I decide to do a leisurely drive and want to take the dog (a small dog). As much fun as it is, it's just not in the same league as a bike.

The thing that worked to get me past my demons was an MSF Experienced Riders course. I came away with much more proficiency, confident that I was much better prepared to handle situations that arise. You might consider something similar. In any case, do what's right for you and ignore all of us!

I bought a primo 1997 Miata several years ago with similar thoughts. It sits in the garage, blocked in by my motorcycles, used occasionally when my wife and I decide to do a leisurely drive and want to take the dog (a small dog). As much fun as it is, it's just not in the same league as a bike.

and let's face it, small sport car is not much safer then motorcycle...

thanks for your imput.

Hmmmm......I smell an excuse to buy a sports car here.......;) Sadly cars and sidecar outfits don't lean into bends, end of !

Yes, yes I know leaners can be found, but most don't, and sports cars def not !

Otherwise I totally agree with your eldest

Hmmmm......I smell an excuse to buy a sports car here.......;) Sadly cars and sidecar outfits don't lean into bends, end of !

Yes, yes I know leaners can be found, but most don't, and sports cars def not !

Otherwise I totally agree with your eldest

if I wanted a sports car I'd just go and buy one..no need for excuse's griff.
fortunate that my good lass never interfere in what I want to buy.

if I wanted a sports car I'd just go and buy one..no need for excuse's griff.
fortunate that my good lass never interfere in what I want to buy.

What would you go for then ? You mentioned a "little sports car". A Mazda MX5 comes to mind.........

What would you go for then ? You mentioned a "little sports car". A Mazda MX5 comes to mind.........

when I said a small sport car I didn't mean a little dinky thing.
theres only a couple cars that I fancy but way out of my price..
'E'type jag, morgan oh and I would love a MGA and one of my fave's is the frog eye sprite but I doubt I could fit in.
must of been small in them days.
quite a few cars I like very near bought a MGT and a triumph spitfire car.
sdp260-Triumph-Spitfire.jpg

Last edited:
went for a spin yesterday to whitby and back ,about 86 miles all in all and enjoyed it no morons to contend with.
plenty of traffic inc bikers.
once we got there the place was swarming with bikers.
it was a warm day and we had winter gear on sweating like a clappers,well it was quit nippy when we went out!#
no pictures was taken...
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...stnkxwIV5yzbCh3RGQXR&biw=1366&bih=643#imgrc=_

This is a very good thread. Sometimes when I'm riding along on the freeway going between 70 and 80 miles an hour the thought will flash through my mind that one little mishap could end my life in a split second. What would happen to my wife and kids? Do I have the right to be out here doing this? Am I crazy? I always chase that thought away as quickly as I can because that is no way to ride, but it happens to me nonetheless. I think we all feel this to some degree. We are incredibly vulnerable out there. I know others will say that you can die walking across the street but I'll take my chances walking versus being on a motorcycle any day. However, I DO ride a motorcycle, and I have no illusions about how dangerous it is. Life is a curious mixture of choice and chance. I try to make the wisest choices possible when I'm on the motorcycle, and I hope and pray that chance/fate/karma doesn't take me out. Someday we all will have to give it up, but for now, I choose to ride. It's a measured choice, and sometimes a scary choice - and I hope in the long run it turns out to be the right choice. There is something incredibly special about riding a motorcycle - becoming one with the machine, leaning into curves, experiencing the wind and the world without a cage around us. It's a joy that one feels deep in the soul, an almost irresistible joy that keeps us coming back for more. Risky? Yes. One of the most dangerous things a human can do? Probably. An activity that adds something to our lives like no other? Absolutely.

funny I still get that adrenaline shot when I get ready for ride on a bike :cool:
do not happen with my cars though, except for in few times the past when I was racing.

Back