• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

SHAD Comfort Seat

wukie,
How does the pillion seat close? Do you have to apply some extra pressure to the rear seat to get it to fully close?
How about opening, do you have to apply downward pressure on the rear seat while turning the key to get it unlatched?
The seat looks great, and very comfortable. Was the ride home much more pleasant?
Enjoy!

I must say that after putting a few thousand miles on with my Shad seat, it has broken in a bit. Initially I found it a bit too firm. I find it has softened up a bit, but is still firm enough. I am quite happy with the seat now, it makes the ride much more comfortable for me.

pismo...

My pillion has always been hard to open. I always need push down and wait for the click of the release latch - to open.

I tanked up 3 miles from Corbin. (74.1 MPG) And it was not any worse (although my trunk and top case were full - so I had tied the old seat to the pillion. Very securely I might add.)
note: I did not get the Corbin pillion - wife couldn't make the trip.

My back and hips have been jacked up by the other seat and felt much nicer on the way home. It was about 50 miles and it was wonderful. I live in the Santa Cruz Mountains and it was a great ride up the hill from Highway 1- even the last mile on my cold patched road. No more cussing in the full face helmet for me! (at least for seat comfort)

I was convinced the Shad was for me. Based on the decent looks and lower price (even with the red). Once I saw what a custom "fit" seat maker can do on behalf of my butt, I was sold on a concept. Any bike that even thinks about giving my butt a hard time will get a custom fit seat (hopefully, I will be close enough to one).

So I've been waiting for the grey Shad to come available on their Web site. It just did, but I'm now seeing a pice of $399 plus shipping. Is that the price it's always been or did they raise it?

Greg

I think that was the original price (I remember 380ish) and then they lowered it shortly afterwards (I was a little pissed about that...still am). Looks like they went back to their original price and maybe a little extra.

I think that was the original price (I remember 380ish) and then they lowered it shortly afterwards (I was a little pissed about that...still am). Looks like they went back to their original price and maybe a little extra.

Yes, that ($399) was the original price, but they had some big discounts for the first 25 orders. I ordered early and paid $363 for mine including shipping. It's worth the original price too me.

So I've been waiting for the grey Shad to come available on their Web site. It just did, but I'm now seeing a pice of $399 plus shipping. Is that the price it's always been or did they raise it?

That's the price, they just had some initial discounts for early orders and then I believe when they had an overstock for 'wrong color' ones, they had a short sale to move those.

OK, the price is what it is, then. Thanks for the replies.

Greg

I bit the bullet also. Planning a long ride this spring and hoping it will help with the long hauls. I've done the slope mod, and use a pad that helps as well as highway pegs but just a bit more comfort would be nice. Ride safe.

A new seat. ( seat concepts ) was the best mod I did.We did 6,000 miles in 2 weeks and my butt was just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you guys wait another 2 weeks, the Shad seats will be available without embroidery. I supposedly have the first one coming into the US. I'll post pics, and mostly, I hope my butt thanks me. :)

If you guys wait another 2 weeks, the Shad seats will be available without embroidery. I supposedly have the first one coming into the US. I'll post pics, and mostly, I hope my butt thanks me. :)

The people at SHAD USA were way overly optimistic about the delivery times when they initially introduced the embroidered seats, but other than that I'm totally happy with the "end" result. :D

Hi TechFrog, I know and I would have like to have the one without embroydery but here in Canada, the seat cost is 500.00 $ including taxes...:mad: I bought over the internet from France to Canada for 388 $ (only the one with embroydery available) delivered home...112 $ in my pocket so my butt will not complain about the NC logo. :)

good move... my butt's never *cussed*ed about the logo...

i see * b i t c h * is a cuss word and was blee***ped out.. hahah

Last edited:
Ordered from Shad $385.00 delivered + tax (10)% No logo. Western Canada. But with exchange it will still be over$450 bucks Ouch. Damn weak dollar.

Last edited:
Back