• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Should we do a Calendar this year?

2014 Calendar, do we want one ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If we have enough interest this year I would be willing to take on the task again. We need to end submissions by the end of July so that I don't end up rushing to try and get it out again. I would like to do this with a lot less stress than last year so that I can put out a better calendar and no mistakes (I fixed one major one for a member last time). Again I will try to get the best price on printing and this time I will make sure it has a hole to hang it from. I went out of pocket on shipping last year so look for the shipping to be different, the post office and I will be having a long talk about how they gave me the wrong prices last year and this year will have to be correct. (thanks to a donation last year I was able to make up the difference, thank you, you know who you are). If we start soon I will maybe be able to get an example posted with the photos that would be used. I would also like to have a couple of pages of extra photos. So what do we think, I'll track the poll for 2 weeks and see what comments you post.

If we have enough interest this year I would be willing to take on the task again. We need to end submissions by the end of July so that I don't end up rushing to try and get it out again. I would like to do this with a lot less stress than last year so that I can put out a better calendar and no mistakes (I fixed one major one for a member last time). Again I will try to get the best price on printing and this time I will make sure it has a hole to hang it from. I went out of pocket on shipping last year so look for the shipping to be different, the post office and I will be having a long talk about how they gave me the wrong prices last year and this year will have to be correct. (thanks to a donation last year I was able to make up the difference, thank you, you know who you are). If we start soon I will maybe be able to get an example posted with the photos that would be used. I would also like to have a couple of pages of extra photos. So what do we think, I'll track the poll for 2 weeks and see what comments you post.

I can't imagine going through the year without an NC700 calendar, now! :D

You rock! :cool:

I can't vote through the Tapatalk app on my phone which is how I view this forum most of the time. Yes, another calendar would be cool. I might actually enter some pictures and order one this time around.:)

I love the October pic. The gray goose is looking at the NC and
thinking: "I wonder if he left the key in the ignition?" That one is postcard material!

:D

Last edited:
If someone who has a calendar would post them up. I don't have one myself because I sent mine to someone who wanted one after the printer had ended the print run and dumped the photos and layout off his computer. All I have left is a copy of the cover shot on regular paper. Last year's calendar was not perfect but by the time it was decided to do one I ended up with some serious time constraints. That's why I'm trying to get this started now, so we can end up with an awesome calendar. I am currently trying to work up some general rules for photo submissions (think highest definition possible) in order to end up with frame able glossy shots. I am also trying to come up with a way to vote on the photo submissions, rather than me catching crap from anyone because I didn't pick their picture (one last year, but no sense in that when you all can have input this time)
Again I will be doing this as a non profit job, I plan to over estimate the postage a few percent (2 or 3%) this year so that I don't end up out of pocket again, but any thing that might end up over cost will be donated to the forum to help keep it up and running. For those of you that are new to the forum, I do this as my Christmas (Hanukkah) gift to the members and my thank you for all the effort the members put into making the forum THE source of information on the NC.
I do need to start soon so look for more updates on if we have enough interest and submission guidelines.

Great offer to do this without making money, but trying that last year you came up short. I suggest charging a buck extra and whatever is left over give to a good charity of your choice.

Everyone here appreciates your effort and does not want to see you lose anything.

I try to keep it tight to avoid any chance of someone claiming that I was trying to profiteer from the site, but this year things are tight for me and I sure don't want to be short. The printing and envelopes are a fixed price, but last year the post office really surprised me when they added about 20% to the postage that they had said it would be after weighing one in the envelope. Like I said this year they will get it right, because we will be re-weighing them several times.

I voted as indecisive, as I am not sure what exactly the pictures for the calendar would be. If they are of member's bikes only then I would say yes, if they are mix of members bikes and stock photos then I would pass.

Last year they were all member's photos from all over the world and Cutter did a great job in the very short time he had.

I'll be ordering 2 again this year.

All photos will be of members bikes. The submissions this year should be of your bike in an interesting place, with consideration of the background of the photo and the NC as the star. This year I would ask that the photos include the model of the NC and the location of the photo, also the name or forum tag that should be used as a photo credit. I had a few minor issues with this last year in the rush to get it done, this year everything will be checked and re-checked. Photo formats were a problem last year, I purchased a photo editing program this year and I will ask that anyone submitting try and use one of the standard photo formats to make it easier for me. Submissions should be as high definition as possible, grainy 3MP phone camera shots in the dark don't blow up to calendar size well. Also anyone who wants to submit, please consider some seasonal shots, If you have shots of your bike in the snow or wrapped in Christmas lights, pumpkins on the seat, anything that might go with a certain month would be great. I will have an e-mail set up for submissions soon and I'm still working on the logistics of how to have the vote on the photos, but it will be soon after the poll closes if we get enough interest.

Check with Dr Zed on ADV. He should have some great hi-res shots from his Colorado adventure.
i-kkjbwJW-L.jpg

P1010616_2_zps92fa42e2.jpg

CTCO%20009-L.jpg

CTCO%20343-L.jpg

i-XKTknvn-L.jpg

My girl who is a photographer took this photo. I posted it in the gallery, and I cant get over how good it turned out. I know there will be a vote but I think it would be a good one for the calendar.IMG_0162.jpg

Back