• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

shoutout to beemerphile

searsboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks for your suggested method to install the OEM centerstand. Sometimes simple is better! Hope you're in the wind soon!

Any chance you could link that advice for others?

The directions worked for me but I love new insights.

Any chance you could link that advice for others?

The directions worked for me but I love new insights.

"Withdraw the shaft far enough to release the one side of the pivot. Hook the springs on. Then pull the stand into position and have a helper tap the shaft through". I was lucky enough to do it this way singlehanded.

Ahh, that's pretty decent advice indeed. I used a hook, needlenose pliers and a socket as a fulcrum to get the larger second spring. Once I'd figured it out and found the tools it took all of a few seconds to hook the second spring. This method might have saved me a few minutes of head scratching and tool bin searching or a hell of a headache if I didn't have the hook tool.

Now if anyone has any advice on how to get the bike ON the center stand. My normal rock and step method seems to only get it to the 40% area. Once I hit 50% then the weight and momentum carry it the rest of the way. With bags and top case in place, the gripping is a little more pesky.

Now if anyone has any advice on how to get the bike ON the center stand. My normal rock and step method seems to only get it to the 40% area. Once I hit 50% then the weight and momentum carry it the rest of the way. With bags and top case in place, the gripping is a little more pesky.

Is your bike lowered? Mine is an easy-up. Of course, maybe I am just overweight.

If you have the Honda bags, just grab the lower support arm for the saddlebag and use it as your lift point. Left handlebar, support arm, and right foot on centerstand. Not as easy as my Blackbird, but not too tough.

The key for me to get the bike up on the stand is how much weight I can apply on the step. Holding the left handlebar and the rear grip handle puts my body directly over the centerstand step. I do something similar to the old kick start method, get some body momentum going then apply force with the leg.

Yesterday I installed my stand using the shoelace method for the springs and it could not have been easier. Didn't even need a second person. I had a hell of a time getting the bike up on the stand my first time as well until I found this video, which had been posted on the board earlier:
Placing ST1300 on centerstand - YouTube

For me the trick was putting more weight that you would think on the stand when pushing down. It was much less pull and much more push.

Still think it's kinda weird that the stand is being held in place by one hex bolt. But it seems secure.

Back