• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Skidplate and Centerstand interference?

L.B.S.

Fixed Idea
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do most people who have the HondaBikePro skidplates also have the OEM Honda centerstands?

I went to try and put my bike up on the centrestand*** yesterday, and discovered I couldn't. It hit something very solidly about 1/4 of the way down, and clank! stopped dead. :eek:

Obviously puzzled, I took a look, and discovered that the "ducktail" of the Skidplate is now stopping the crossbar of the centrestand from going past it on the way down.

With the amount I had to beat (oops, "massage" lol) the skidplate in place, and how snugly the bolts are holding, and the general positioning and shape of the skidplate, I know it hasn't/can't move, and I don't think the centrestand has moved or bent that I can see.

I took some almighty whacks on the skidplate last offroad trip, but can't see how that could cause the shock linkage ducktail to move rearward enough, to now hit the centerstand! :confused: If it got hit, it would bend UP, not down, and away from the 'stands crossbar. :confused:

I will spend more time to investigate, and try and see if the centrestand is loose somehow, or I've mucked the skidplate bizarrely somehow, to bend it funky...:(

And just to make clear: don't read into this as if there's anything wrong with Dale's H.B.P. Skiplate! It's only to let other owners know what not to do like dummy LBS :eek:

***I'm Canadian, so Euro and US dudes, please excuse my weird centrestand/centerstand, litre/liter random choice spelling versions, lol

I have the Honda factory center stand. I bought HondaBikePro's skid plate and it bolted I with no problem. I have had no issues with the skid plate.

You are close enough to ride it down and have Dale fix it. With them mileage you get on the NCX on the highway, it would be cheaper than shipping. :) In fact, If you go that route, let me know when you are coming through and I'll ride down with you. :)

And yes, Dale's skid plate is only compatible with the OEM stand, unless there is another entrant to the market besides SW-Motech.

Last edited:
Possible that if you hit further forward it could have caused a see saw action that brought the back down... just a guess

Back