• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to give some bar risers a shot -- picked up a pair of TUSK 1 inch risers and threw them on. Took all of five minutes, needed to reroute a line for my heated grips to give it extra play -- and that was that. Obviously all the other lines (including brake) are a little tighter, as it has taken up some slack with the rise, but nothing is out of sorts and it's all functional from lock to lock. I'll put some miles on her tomorrow and report back, but for now they feel fine. If I like them I'll take them back off and paint the black. Leaving them silver for now in case they don't suit me and I want to sell them.

photo 3.jpg

I have the same ones ,15,000 miles on them and working great .Oh ya make sure you use ANTI SEIZE or the bolts will never come back out,don't ask how I know. !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i guess I've been accumulating stuff before I posted...since May: new tires (BT023s), Airhawk, iPhone mount, Battery tender, center stand, re-keyed Givi cases, chain maintenance many times (probably need a new one), and oil & filter change. I put a little over 4000 miles on her in June and am very, very happy with the bike!

Added accessory LED lights

I believe I have those same ones as well. :D Or similar at least- I chose the 60* flood pattern ones.

I got them last last year, but they've been gathering dust in their boxes since then. Will maybe get around to install this month hopefully...:eek:

Went on a 250+mile adventure today through the Calaveras National Forest. Finally put my Shinko's to some good use! Thread to follow. Here's a teaser:
a9yje8y9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mounted up another TKC80. ( #2,first one went 13,000 miles) before the WABDR ride next week.Also installed some DAYSTAR fork gators that I had in the garage for several years.
7u7eqary.jpg

bedyryty.jpg

yduzenej.jpg

zyny7yqu.jpg

4yha8u8y.jpg

ydadu9aj.jpg

Mounted up another TKC80. ( #2,first one went 13,000 miles) before the WABDR ride next week.Also installed some DAYSTAR fork gators that I had in the garage for several years.
7u7eqary.jpg

bedyryty.jpg

yduzenej.jpg

zyny7yqu.jpg

4yha8u8y.jpg

ydadu9aj.jpg

Kinda wishing I had the TKC80 on instead of the Shinko's today, but they did ok. Better than street tires for sure, but the situations I found myself in today would have been better with a more knobby tire.

The front TKC is a amazing tire,I get around 12,000+ miles out of them.They handle ALMOST like a full on street tire on the road and ROCK offroad.And best of all they are under $100 shipped. !!!.

They have there limits but once you find them they handle the wet very well.I ride everyday year round in Seattle on them .
Now the rear K60 is a Handful in the wet but works well with the TKC,and gets even better milage. !!.
Here is my K60 with 13,000 miles on it that I just put back on last weekend for the WABDR.
7ysa9yva.jpg

Last edited:
In damp comditions are they adequate or is that when they struggle? Mileage out of the tkc rear?

Never ran a TKC rear because I heard they don't last .Wet weather riding on the combo I run works well,I can feel the K60 get loose if I push it but the front stays planted.

They have there limits but once you find them they handle the wet very well.I ride everyday year round in Seattle on them .
Now the rear K60 is a Handful in the wet but works well with the TKC,and gets even better milage. !!.
Here is my K60 with 13,000 miles on it that I just put back on last weekend for the WABDR.
7ysa9yva.jpg

Do you ride mostly in dirt or what % .... Seeing someone else who only got 3500 miles, what do you attribute your 13,000 and still looking great? Still see nipples on the side ...???

Do you ride mostly in dirt or what % .... Seeing someone else who only got 3500 miles, what do you attribute your 13,000 and still looking great? Still see nipples on the side ...???

I only got 3500 on TKC not the K60 that Northwest runs.
I ran about 1/2 of the 3500 on dirt and gravel. Great tire in all conditions and wet weather was good. I went back to OEM for now, lots of pavement this year. I use my XR650L for the dirt and gravel for now.

I think he was talking about the rear.
My last set had 1,500 miles of dirt,5,500 of heavy touring ( North slope of Alaska and back ) and around 6,000 miles of commuting .

I forgot the most important part...Madstad screen.
i guess I've been accumulating stuff before I posted...since May: new tires (BT023s), Airhawk, iPhone mount, Battery tender, center stand, re-keyed Givi cases, chain maintenance many times (probably need a new one), and oil & filter change. I put a little over 4000 miles on her in June and am very, very happy with the bike!

Took my 2012 NC700X in to the dealer today for its 16K service. The chain had been giving me warning signs during the last of my California trip. The dealer said it could not be salvaged, so I had them replace it. They also replaced the spark plugs and checked the valves and other details called for. Now it rides like a new one!

Finally gave the NC a bath to wash all the dirt off from yesterday and check for any damage from when I had to lay her down on some thick gravel. Thankfully it was a soft landing and it would appear that the only damage was some small scratches to my Bark busters. If they weren't there may have messed up the clutch lever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back