• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off with the K60 at 15,000+ miles and on with the new 705.
48d1d96e78de70cb214d2d9284f1085b.jpg

cee9e4a3ee41bc3eabef9a281ebe0c3b.jpg

5db8c3509d469a73956b5c2b4260cf41.jpg

I know a lot about a few things,a little about a lot of things but I don't know everything about anything !!.

I put on highway pegs and my modified Loobman chain oiler. Pics of the oiler modifications to come soon

Rode NaNCy after a week of riding my nephews' new 2014 CB1000R all last week to break it in for him.

The CB1000R was much quicker than NaNCy and nice in it's own special way. However it lacked the storage space and ergonomics that I am used to. At times the CB1000R was not that comfortable, especially when wearing a backpack, a lunch-bag strapped to the rear seat and a tank bag on the tank.

It sure felt "GOOD" to be back on NaNCy after a week of riding that "Rocket-ship"...

I cannot wait to enjoy all the things that I came to "Love" about NaNCy again. Funny how we all can take things for granted... :eek:

What did I do to my NC?

Charged my damn battery -- apparently leaving something plugged into your accessory plug (in the frunk) drains your battery. Yes, even though it doesn't actually charge the accessory unless the ignition is on, it does drain your battery.

Plugged a hole in my rear tire. Happy to say she still had air in her this morning so I made it to work.

Laid MyNCX over for the first time today! Turning right onto gravel and turn too tight, got very steep and very slippery very quickly!

I'm fine but the muffler took a beating!

belrix

Attachments

• MyNCX-FirstLayOver.jpg
    MyNCX-FirstLayOver.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 424
Laid MyNCX over for the first time today! Turning right onto gravel and turn too tight, got very steep and very slippery very quickly!

belrix

Congratulations, you joined the Down to Earth Club.

I know the feeling, I dropped NaNCy almost 3 months ago now, see images below. I repaired all the damage, to the untrained eye there's no evidence of what had happened. Recommend that you install a Muffler Guard like I did.

Those Metzeler Z8 tires have an overlapping lip in the edge that is about 1/4" off the side wall of the tire, it more prominent on the rear tire. I truly this is the cause of you dumping the bike as well as my spill months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3403.jpg
    IMG_3403.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_3402.jpg
    IMG_3402.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3401.jpg
    IMG_3401.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_3423.jpg
    IMG_3423.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Glad you are okay. Was that a dealers bike? You sig. says you don't have one yet.

Gravel Stinks! I hate it. I was out on the road yesterday with a backpack blower trying to blow the gravel away from the entrance to my lane. If I came in there with any kind of speed at all I'd be on the ground.

P1030403sm.jpg

Oops! It is my bike got it yesterday, I'll update my signature.

I live down a 1 mile gravel road and was turning right off the black top, too fast, too sharp and too cocky!

Nice seat,the more you ride the better it feels.I like mine.

Changing the seat and adding the Rox risers really made the bike much more comfortable. The only other thing that I really need to do is fix the suspension. We have a lot of crappy roads in Alabama, and the budget suspension is not working for me.

I have been putting off the rox risers,mostly the fact of pulling the cables up to do it,and how tight it makes them.but I think I will Add them anyway.

What took the longest was fiddling with the brake line holder. They definitely glue that rubber bushing on. I had to slice it down one side, top to bottom, and peel it off. Then I could position it where I wanted it. Plenty of slack to still turn full lock left and right. Also, take off the two little electrical zip-ties holding the handlebar wiring, then reinstall when you are done.

Replaced the Pirelli Angel GT I mounted before my Colorado trip this summer. Tire has 6849 miles on it and is toast.

IMAG0443.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

IMAG0445.jpg

Performed well, but definitely won't buy another due to the short lifespan. Took an exacto knife to the center just to see how much rubber was left before cords would've popped through -- about a sheet or two of copy paper thickness.

Remounted the mostly used up Road 4 with 7500 miles on it. Think I can squeeze another few thousand out of it.

IMAG0448.jpg

trey

Oops! It is my bike got it yesterday, I'll update my signature.

I live down a 1 mile gravel road and was turning right off the black top, too fast, too sharp and too cocky!

My muffler looked just like Brillot2000's after I dumped it trying to turn around on a steep dead end.
This bike will definitely make a new rider feel cocky. Just the other day on the way back from lunch I was reminded of how much traction is lost over gravel. I was lucky it didn't take me down. Im proud that I've been riding for a year but everyday the road tells me it means almost nothing.

Replaced the Pirelli Angel GT I mounted before my Colorado trip this summer. Tire has 6849 miles on it and is toast.

Remounted the mostly used up Road 4 with 7500 miles on it. Think I can squeeze another few thousand out of it.

IMAG0448.jpg

trey

I have over 10,000 miles on my rear PR4 and I swear the lower the tread gets on the center strip the slower it wears. I thought I would be done by now and I'm still not at the wear bar. You may have more miles left than you think.

belrix

With so many people going to aftermarket exhausts, a good stock one should be available for free. Or do people just throw them away? :confused:

one thing I would never gamble on is tyres or brake pads.
tyres are the only thing that grip the road.if it rains you might as well have slicks.
not worth it mate stick new tyres and be safe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back