• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful when choosing

looks good, but I think I like Honda or Cal Sci more. Does anybody have the Cal Sci windshield? How good is it for a 6+ feet rider?
The Cal Sci screens look good, but they do not fit well and they are prone to vibrating in the wind and cracking around the mounting holes.
I'd go with the Honda Tall or the V-Stream over the Cal Sci. They both mount easily and securely. No cracking problems reported.
Your results may vary.

looks good, but I think I like Honda or Cal Sci more. Does anybody have the Cal Sci windshield? How good is it for a 6+ feet rider?

I like the look of Nancy's windshield above too. The glass is nice. But I still like the mounting bracket Honda includes. It's great having more wind protection now. Glad I ordered it when I did. Nice to be able to freely move my head around and be able to ride with my shield up a bit more which I enjoy doing.

Cleaned the old girl up and put her on display at the IMS this weekend.
7b7a3e7f4501efe40e5e89f01eb215b6.jpg

55402b5f668b1cdf64d928649dcf9304.jpg

9f3137b920eb97ae7eef6b0bd2b80056.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Where's those engine guards that your bike was the model for? I wanted to see them.

Bike looks good for the abuse you've put her through!

My lighter fork oil did not arrive yet, but I installed the adjustable fork caps anyway. Had to remove 6mm of spacer for the difference in cap depth, and I took another 6mm off the previous 8mm preload I had. So my starting point is now 2mm preload, and the adjustable caps can go 15mm more up to 17mm preload. Should be able to find the right spot with these. The marks on the adjuster stem are 3mm apart, so I went in one mark to 5mm. I'll try that on a test ride today.

Also installed a Goodridge brake line. When I added the Rox Risers, I took 2" of slack from the brake line, so it was a little tight. The Goodridge added it back.

c608aff766cfd56c589e3907a03abb04.jpg

Last edited:
Got the 12,000 mile service done a few miles early because I needed new tires, which were replaced with PR4's!

Also installed a Goodrich brake line. When I added the Rox Risers, I took 2" of slack from the brake line, so it was a little tight. The Goodrich added it back.

Nicely done. Is that a stainless line that's sheathed, or an OEM style replacement? How long did you get? Where'd you get it? A braided line is on my to do list....

trey

Nicely done. Is that a stainless line that's sheathed, or an OEM style replacement? How long did you get? Where'd you get it? A braided line is on my to do list....

Thanks! It's a stainless braided line with black coating. I got the 40" line with two 45 degree fittings and a pack of crush washers. Total was $62. The only caveat is that the line is 40" without the banjo fittings. When you add the banjo fittings, it's closer to 42". The OEM line is 38" including the fittings. It might have been better to get the Goodridge 38" line, then the finished product would have been closer to the 40 inches that I wanted. But I decided to install it anyway for now.

Links below:

Goodridge 40" line - part # 10340

Goodridge 45 degree banjo fittings (x2) - part # B594-03C

Goodridge Copper Crush Washers - part # 44516-6

Turn on the key,push both the R&L buttons at the same time.The hour should start to blink,then you push the R button ( I believe) to the right hour.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back