• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you drinking beer? :rolleyes:

View attachment 1490

Bob, I don't want to be a preacher, but you gotta moderate your own posts. It is not sitting well with me, to say the least. This post is quite unnecessary. It is not funny. I hope others will see my point. Don't start to berate me.

At best, it is what people call "bad taste" posts.

Last edited:
Yea it was a great day of riding and getting to know someone who shares the same intrests in motorcycles and places to ride, Now if we could just find Bob a friend, maybe he would have something else to do than troll around this forum looking for ways to show how unfunny he is.

QUOTE=Cutter J. Duke;12405]Yea it was a great day of riding and getting to know someone who shares the same intrests in motorcycles and places to ride, Now if we could just find Bob a friend, maybe he would have something else to do than troll around this forum looking for ways to show how unfunny he is.[/QUOTE]

img3.jpg[

I rode the X to the Native American Festival here in Melbourne, FL last night at sunset. A friend of mine passed away at the early age of 54 while surfing the beach one early morning. Massive Heart Attack! He was teaching me Thai Chi and how to play the Native American Flute. His wife gave me one of his favorite flutes and I have had it for over 5 years now. While I was at the Festival last night up on stage was Coyote Oldman the maker of the flute that I was given. I jumped on the X after his performance and I rode 2 miles home and I brought back the flute numbered "#13". It was given to Chris that passed as a gift from Coyote Oldman. He said that this flute was so rare and he was so grateful that I had given it to him and it meant so much to him that he was going play it tomorrow "Sunday" at his last performance for the weekend and then cherish it forever in his private collection. I will be there for that performance in honor of my beloved friend Chris.

In the Native culture, many times ‘the most valuable’ is saved to give away and ‘storing or hording things’ is not understood. There is a high value placed on giving away and sharing what is ours. Once something is given away, all strings to that gift are broken. The gift is given with no expectations. Native people believe that what is given always comes back to the giver in one way or another in another form of good. Native people also believe that bad (intentions, actions, etc.) results in bad returning to the doer. I believe that one of the greatest gift is when you give your time to others, in whatever form it is given.

Coyote+Oldman.jpgCoyoteOldman_02a.jpgView attachment 1500

Last edited:
I rode the X to the Native American Festival here in Melbourne, FL last night at sunset. A friend of mine passed away at the early age of 54 while surfing the beach one early morning. Massive Heart Attack! He was teaching me Thai Chi and how to play the Native American Flute. His wife gave me one of his favorite flutes and I have had it for over 5 years now. While I was at the Festival last night up on stage was Coyote Oldman the maker of the flute that I was given. I jumped on the X after his performance and I rode 2 miles home and I brought back the flute numbered "#13". It was given to Chris that passed as a gift from Coyote Oldman. He said that this flute was so rare and he was so grateful that I had given it to him and it meant so much to him that he was going play it tomorrow "Sunday" at his last performance for the weekend and then cherish it forever in his private collection. I will be there for that performance in honor of my beloved friend Chris.

In the Native culture, many times ‘the most valuable’ is saved to give away and ‘storing or hording things’ is not understood. There is a high value placed on giving away and sharing what is ours. Once something is given away, all strings to that gift are broken. The gift is given with no expectations. Native people believe that what is given always comes back to the giver in one way or another in another form of good. Native people also believe that bad (intentions, actions, etc.) results in bad returning to the doer. I believe that one of the greatest gift is when you give your time to others, in whatever form it is given.

View attachment 1499View attachment 1498View attachment 1500

Well done good story Bob.
We all can see how capable you are with good stories and good vibes.
Thank you.

Lowered the bike! Yay so much easier for me to ride. And can put 2 feet flat on the ground! Bike just became more awesome.

Lowered 40mm via Lust Racing links.

8170684075_c3a0584c46_b.jpg

Rode mine to work this morning. With temps in the mid to low 30'degsF. Man I need to get those heated grips installed! And or some better gloves. Found myself pulling over at about the halfway point, leaning forward and grabbing the sides of the radiator to warm up my hands. The back of my gloves even had frost on them. Brrrr!

Lowered the bike! Yay so much easier for me to ride. And can put 2 feet flat on the ground! Bike just became more awesome.

Lowered 40mm via Lust Racing links.

8170684075_c3a0584c46_b.jpg

Have you modified or seen a need to modify the side and center stands as a result of lowering the bike? How about the front end; has it been lowered, too? I'm just wondering what all would be involved with this change.

I always wondered if the S model had a different side stand and maybe it would work with a lowered X.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back