• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was yesterday, rather than today, but I took it on its first non-paved road. One of the 'major arterials' here is a very badly washboarded and holed/pitted dirt road with a couple of impromptu 'speed bumps' that a resident summarily deposited out front of his property. It's an ugly road to traverse even in a track-layer, but Wiley handled it surprisingly well! The square-edged bumps & holes are still harsh, but much less so than on the CBR, and the more rounded bumps are actually quite smooth!

Unfortunately, my bike has been lonely due to Black Ops 2 release. I still get to ride her to work since it's still fairly warm out, but I've been neglecting my afternoon cruises.
vacation.jpg

Installed my Rox Risors and CR High Pro Tapers. First ride was this morning. Not sure I like it. I like the wide Moto feel of my CRF, but I feel like I'm not as high or brought back towards me enough. I'll keep playing. I haven't drill the guide holes yet. I may just grind those nubs off.

Unfortunately, my bike has been lonely due to Black Ops 2 release. I still get to ride her to work since it's still fairly warm out, but I've been neglecting my afternoon cruises.
View attachment 1717

My son has the new Halo 4 and Black Ops 2. His user name is scubaxsteve420. He kicks ass on all the games. I watched him play Halo 4 today and he was the King almost 90% of the time playing the regicide / free for all. It's all about the Head Shots. No pun intended! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The throttle might move slightly.. I can't see the switch panels ever moving. Then I think about my XR with the Baja Designs street legal kit... and my other dirt bikes... 10 times the force on the throttle and never once moved.

Why do street bikes with rather smooth roads have these locators where as off road bikes don't? I was thinking I might put the right sized o-ring under the throttle clamp just to give it a little extra something to grip.

The throttle might move slightly.. I can't see the switch panels ever moving. Then I think about my XR with the Baja Designs street legal kit... and my other dirt bikes... 10 times the force on the throttle and never once moved.

Why do street bikes with rather smooth roads have these locators where as off road bikes don't? I was thinking I might put the right sized o-ring under the throttle clamp just to give it a little extra something to grip.

Just a thought could it be so that if (When) a dirt bike goes down the controls move round rather than break off?

Mounted the rear 'plate.' Don't anticipate ordering the Honda trunk (top box), but wanted the plate for general utility. Seems pretty strong, despite being made of ...I'm not sure what. Super-strong polymer? Is it an ultralight metal? I think it's the same stuff as the grab handles. Anyway, it'll support my full weight (~185 lbs) without any unusual sounds or movement; just compresses the suspension. I didn't realize I'd have to loosen/remove one of the grab bars, but it only took a moment for the 'duh' to hit me. :)

IMG-20121121-00037.jpgIMG-20121121-00039.jpg

The throttle might move slightly.. I can't see the switch panels ever moving. Then I think about my XR with the Baja Designs street legal kit... and my other dirt bikes... 10 times the force on the throttle and never once moved...

Depends on just how hard you mash the horn or, rather, cancel the turn signal in our case. :)

When replacing factory bars, I grind off those tabs too. I put a thin strip of rubber between the handle bar and the switch control. This gives the switch control something to grip on to and prevents any movement, but remains adjustable by just loosening the switch control and rotating. By using a small strip, you can conceal it so that it is not even noticeable.

WGW

Thanks SuperMek for the top gun video, it brought back good and bad memories. I flown in F4's during the Vietnam era. I tried to add one of my own f4 videos but this site won't let me.

I took him out on his first ride ever and fell in a left turn. Didn't even make it more than 6 miles. Geez. At least nothing happened to me (was going very slow) but clutch and shifter got bent out of shape. So guess we know what I'll be doing tomorrow... Fix.

Today I added a Cal Sci medium windshield, adjustable levers, 2" Rox risers and a set of Givi engine guards. Last but not least, I lubed my chain.

Today I added a Cal Sci medium windshield, adjustable levers, 2" Rox risers and a set of Givi engine guards. Last but not least, I lubed my chain.

Pics or it didn't happen! Those are all things on my 'to do' list. Can't decide if I really want/need the risers, but I have them lying around from my last bike, I just need to fit them and ride around and see how I like it.

What's your opinion on the screen? How tall are you? I'm hoping Santa leaves me a CalSci medium under the tree...

I'm about to hit the road. 200 miles today to visit family, 200 miles back tomorrow. Then 250 miles Saturday to visit more family, and 250 miles more back. Thank goodness we've got perfect weather -- it should be a great next few days on the bike.

Just gotta finish my coffee first :)

2012-11-22_06-56-15_128 by treybrad, on Flickr

trey

NC700X pics 020.jpgHere are a couple for proof.
NC700X Rox and handguard.jpg
NC700X pics ROX.jpg

Attachments

• NC700X pics 019.jpg
    NC700X pics 019.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
What did I do today? Came out of the shop and saw the from mudguard is cracked on the right side. Ordered a replacement. So be at the dealer on Tuesday I think somebody reversed into it and kissed it just soft enough for the break.
Trying to find out if insurance will cover it.
IMG_1867[1].jpg

Looks nice. I am considering the Cal Sci Shield and adjustable levers. I have the Rox Risers and Barkbusters. Do you see a problem with the lever/handlebar clearance at the shield? How much clearance is there at full lock?

I am 6'1" and have smooth air flow with the stock shield, how is the air flow for you with this height? Thanks for the information.

My left mirror stalk will just brush the shield at full lock and the right throttle cables like about .5mm from touching at full lock.
I will order a longer stainless brake line in the future, then I can adjust the handle bars back a little more.

I wish I would have got the tall shield after riding my GL1200 with a +4'' shield in the winter. The medium puts the air at the top of my helmet with no buffeting.
Worlds better than the puny stock shield. I'm 5'11 with a 34'' inseam and the top of the screen is about nose high on me.
The way I see it is, I can cut the taller shield down easier than add more to the smaller one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back