• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
THE Girlfriend called her insurance company and updated the VIN. The dealership gave her the wrong VIN. Yesterday as soon as it got home we converted the shift pattern to GP shift as well as added a quick disconnect pigtail for a Battery Tender. Thank goodness we put it on the battery tender because it took hours to bring the battery up to full charge. I am hoping the battery is not toast due to sitting on the showroom floor for too long. If it was on the showroom floor with the cable disconnected, the battery most likely was just new with just a half charge (since most motorcycle batteries come with only a half charge)

THE Girlfriend called her insurance company and updated the VIN. The dealership gave her the wrong VIN. Yesterday as soon as it got home we converted the shift pattern to GP shift as well as added a quick disconnect pigtail for a Battery Tender. Thank goodness we put it on the battery tender because it took hours to bring the battery up to full charge. I am hoping the battery is not toast due to sitting on the showroom floor for too long. If it was on the showroom floor with the cable disconnected, the battery most likely was just new with just a half charge (since most motorcycle batteries come with only a half charge)

Your girl is quite a rider, I must say! :)

In preparation for the August H/U event in NC, I picked up a piece of 4" PVC to mount on the bike for tools. Since I already have the Krauser rack installed, I thought it would make a good mount point for the tube. This picture shows a piece of aluminum bar stock spaced away from the rack with washers.

Rack Spaced.jpg

I painted the tube with a hammered metal color of Rustoleum and mounted it to the aluminum bar stock with two stainless clamps painted black.

Tube 1.jpg

The finished project. I'll probably disassemble it all and repaint the tube. This time, I'll actually wait for the paint to dry before reassembly.

Tube 2.jpg

And

Tube 3.jpg

Good show, cyclerosis! :cool:

If you discover that the paint comes off the hose clamps and begins to look tatty (if you care) you can do what I did- slip over the clamps some applicable width heat shrink tubing (3/4" or 1" whatever) heat and shrink, and then you have a fairly tough, grippy vinyl covered surface that is a little bit cushiony, and doesn't have paint to worry about always flaking off.

I paint everything that moves (or doesn't move) black, so I stumbled across this one day, lol

I actually looked at the shrink tubing at Lowes. But geez that stuff is expensive!

No doubt! But I looked at it like I was saving money from all the re spraying I've had to do with paint coming off stuff, the mess and clean up, wasted unused left over paint in cans, accidently getting the GF's stuff "texturized" from over spray, etc....

See? It's easy to justify! :eek:

No doubt! But I looked at it like I was saving money from all the re spraying I've had to do with paint coming off stuff, the mess and clean up, wasted unused left over paint in cans, accidently getting the GF's stuff "texturized" from over spray, etc....

See? It's easy to justify! :eek:

Funny how a biker's brain works! :cool:

I just installed my Kuryakyn ISO grips with a throttle rocker. The factory grips are too small for me and I get hand cramps.

Do you remember the part number, my dealer says they will not fit or work with end bar weights... looked at what he had and they are way longer than the stock ones... Thanks

Do you remember the part number, my dealer says they will not fit or work with end bar weights... looked at what he had and they are way longer than the stock ones... Thanks

Actually I don't but they are a standard Kuryakyn grip. An easy install and very comfortable grip.

Is it Redtrk Friday yet? Who cares? It's 5:00 somewhere!

installed the zero gravity windshield(thank you pismocycleguy) I like the looks,will test it on the way to work tonight.hardest part of install was finding the bolt I droped,hit the sidewalk into the grass.(found it).
Untitled by ziggie24, on Flickr

Actually I don't but they are a standard Kuryakyn grip. An easy install and very comfortable grip.

Is it Redtrk Friday yet? Who cares? It's 5:00 somewhere!

When I looked at the ones they had they showed that they were too long and the Bar ends would not fit. I really want them as I have the same ones on my GL1800 and I love the size, comfort and the palm rest when I do not use cruise control. Do you have any pic of the results. Sorry being so dumb but just going by what the dealer showed me. I'm fairly good at doing work myself but lack the imagination and drive of you youngsters.

Cee Bailey 22" clear windshield arrived at the house today at 1:41pm, snuck out of work at 2:30 :D Had the shield on by 3:30 and out the door! I'm on-call at the hospital this weekend starting at 5pm so I was only able to ride about 60 miles to test the shield. I'm 5'!0" and the top of the shield was level with my mouth in the top mount holes. Wind noise was reduced by 90% at 60 mph and below with no head buffeting at all. At 70 mph head and body buffeting increased a bit, but at 80 mph (preferred freeway speed) it smoothed out again and was quite comfortable.

Interesting note, I had to wait at lights several times and noticed that there was not a significant increase in heat coming off the motor like there was on my Sabre with the Memphis Fats Shield. At freeway speeds, I could see the shield moving back and forth a bit, hopefully that won't be a bad thing. Anyway, I'm pleased with the 182 bucks I spent so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back