• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Soon-to-be Honda NC750X owner. I have a few questions.

What nonsense. American Honda (this is Honda centric site, no?) wants to sell bikes, dealers want to sell bikes, and buyers want to buy bikes. In a market constrained by supply chain disruptions it makes no sense whatsoever for dealers to lie to buyers but it is human nature to want to tell people what they want to hear so they do not lose a potential sale. Based on the information available at the time it's still a best guess until the motorcycle is delivered to one of the 5 regional warehouses. Prior to the pandemic, firm delivery dates to buyers were based on ship sailings from Japan or other country of origin. Now it's much further along the supply chain, way down at the regional warehouse level.
I agree, the dealer has been fair with me, and I am the first to give a deposit this year. He just drops a line once in a while to let me know they haven't forgotten about me. He said they are having a hard time getting all the parts to complete certain bikes.

Last edited:
I, by some miracle, stopped by a local Honda Powersports dealership near me and they had a 2022 Honda NC750X DCT on order that was supposed to arrive this month. I put in my deposit. I gave up ever finding this motorcycle and was about to buy a Kawasaki Versys X-300. Talk about lucky! I had called all over East TN trying to find this thing.

I did have a few questions, though.

What tires would be best for light off-road use? I live in the middle of the woods and have to traverse gravel and dirt. My old scooter I learned on last year (first bike - 2013 Yamaha Zuma 125) had 70/30 Road/Off-Road tires. They struggled a bit sometimes, but then again, 12-inch tires aren't known for their off-road ability. I think the 2022 NC750X comes with Metzeler Tourance NEXT tires and I am not sure if they meet my needs. 90% of my time is on the paved road, but that 10% off-road can be trying.

Are aftermarket low seats worth looking into? I know Seat Concepts makes one. I can almost flat-foot the bike with my motorcycle boots on (sat on a non-DCT last year).

I ordered a set of SW-Motech crash bars. Any other recommendations for aftermarket items? The crash bars from Honda didn't look very protective.

Thanks!
Hi Avarria I have the SW Motech crash bars . I dropped my bike on pavement. The bars moved enough to cave in the side of my radiator and scratched the side of the Frunk .
I run the Continental TKC80 tires. . I get about 12.000 km on a set. I like this tire for my riding on mostly pavement but when a hit a trail or gravel road I don't ever worry.

please let us know when you get a firm delivery date or vin # on your NC.
that way at least we'll know when these things are actually being shipped in the US and give us all a little hope.
thank you
It's now been a full month since I placed the deposit on this new NC750X DCT ABS. Dealer said maybe the first couple of weeks in July it will arrive. I'm not holding my breath. I sold my old bike (PC800) to make room. I have a new top box, and brackets sitting in the garage waiting for it's arrival.

It's now been a full month since I placed the deposit on this new NC750X DCT ABS. Dealer said maybe the first couple of weeks in July it will arrive. I'm not holding my breath. I sold my old bike (PC800) to make room. I have a new top box, and brackets sitting in the garage waiting for it's arrival.
It's been 7 months and I'm not buying anything for it until I see it.

I sure hope it doesn’t take that long, but based on your experience, I might be riding it home in the winter
It's pretty annoying and I need an auto trans bike plus I like the other features. I am still trying to sell my z900rs Kawi but I quit riding it to keep it nice and the miles low. If I wait too long I will be looking at a 23 model or spending my first months of riding in the winter.

Just and update on the arrival of my new 2022 NC750X DCT ABS. Two weeks into July and nothing yet. Still hoping it will be soon. I see from the dealer web site that a number of other bikes are scheduled to arrive in Aug and September. Since mine was June, I'm hoping soon. 6 weeks and counting.

Just and update on the arrival of my new 2022 NC750X DCT ABS. Two weeks into July and nothing yet. Still hoping it will be soon. I see from the dealer web site that a number of other bikes are scheduled to arrive in Aug and September. Since mine was June, I'm hoping soon. 6 weeks and counting.
25 weeks and counting.............

How are you listing it? I'm asking as I placed mine on Craigs List, and sold it in less than two weeks. With numerous pictures and a glowing description of condition. Maybe I was just lucky.

I'd like to know this: How many of us have a bike on deposit and how many have finally purchased it this year? I know this will be a very limited number as not every owner or possible owner uses this board.

Lol, the sad part is that I quit riding my Z900RS Kawi I'm trying to sell because it's mint with low miles and all cleaned up, but nobody is buying it. I guess bikes are selling now but probably not crotch rockets.
Adam Smith says lower the price.

I, by some miracle, stopped by a local Honda Powersports dealership near me and they had a 2022 Honda NC750X DCT on order that was supposed to arrive this month. I put in my deposit. I gave up ever finding this motorcycle and was about to buy a Kawasaki Versys X-300. Talk about lucky! I had called all over East TN trying to find this thing.

What tires would be best for light off-road use? I live in the middle of the woods and have to traverse gravel and dirt. My old scooter I learned on last year (first bike - 2013 Yamaha Zuma 125) had 70/30 Road/Off-Road tires. They struggled a bit sometimes, but then again, 12-inch tires aren't known for their off-road ability. I think the 2022 NC750X comes with Metzeler Tourance NEXT tires and I am not sure if they meet my needs. 90% of my time is on the paved road, but that 10% off-road can be trying.

Are aftermarket low seats worth looking into? I know Seat Concepts makes one. I can almost flat-foot the bike with my motorcycle boots on (sat on a non-DCT last year).

I ordered a set of SW-Motech crash bars. Any other recommendations for aftermarket items? The crash bars from Honda didn't look very protective.

Thanks!
Did your bike come in?

Thanks!
That is interesting especially as here in the UK I have had one on order for over five months now. Honda will not give me any details of when or even if it is ever likely to turn up and when I commented that surely they have schedules I was told to go to national arbitration if I wanted answers as they were not interested.

Just another update on the arrival of my hopefully 2022 NC750X DCT ABS. I contacted my dealer this morning asking for an update and the reply was: Scheduled for September. ! I wasn't very nice in my return email asking if September rolled around would it be January. Now I'm really frustrated. As I asked before, who has taken delivery of this bike this year and who still has it on order. When September rolls around it will be 12 or more weeks of waiting. I've found a 2021 not far from me. maybe I can cancel and buy that one.

Back