• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Spencer's Motorcycle Seat

weird harold

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my seat back from Frank a week ago and have about 200 miles on it. I will say that Frank's seat, the slope mod, and a "Sheepskin Buttpad" from Alaska Leathers make a very comfortable place to sit. My butt was very happy after a three hour ride. I think that this might be a very cost effective alternative to the purchase of a custom seat. My costs were: slope mod- nothing, seat- $75.00 plus shipping, and sheepskin pad- $45.00 with discount. Compare that with a Russell or Sargent. I exchanged several e-mails with Frank and sent him some pictures and the seat was returned exactly four days after I shipped it. The workmanship was excellent with better fitting and fastening than the stock seat.

DSC01021.jpg

I also installed a Whelen TIR3 LED under the tail light where the reflector used to be. ...now that sucker is bright!!

DSC01020.jpg

bduffey,

The seat web site is greatdaytoride.com. Also google Spencer's Motorcycle Seat for reviews and comparisons. Alaska Leathers can be found at alaskaleather.com. Use the promo code "deadsheep" to receive a 10% discount on their products.

Rich

Hi Ruggy,

I bought the Whelen on Amazon from a company called Strobes 'N More for $55.99 USD. With the reflector removed, that space is the perfect size for that LED.

Rich

bduffey,

The seat web site is greatdaytoride.com. Also google Spencer's Motorcycle Seat for reviews and comparisons. Alaska Leathers can be found at alaskaleather.com. Use the promo code "deadsheep" to receive a 10% discount on their products.

Rich

Thanks, Rich

Ruggy,

I don't think the product has a running light mode. It does have several different programmable flashing modes. I have it wired to the solid green wire for ground and the green/yellow wire for brake light power. It flashes continuously when the brakes are applied (factory default setting).

Rich

Ruggy,

I don't think the product has a running light mode. It does have several different programmable flashing modes. I have it wired to the solid green wire for ground and the green/yellow wire for brake light power. It flashes continuously when the brakes are applied (factory default setting).

Rich

The TIR3 does have a non-flashing (steady) mode that you can program into it. I used to run these lightheads with an external modulator so that the lighthead would flash five times and then remain continuously on until the brake is released.

I had Frank redo the seat on my bike in December. The seat is just as frozen as the rest of the bike in my shed. This is the third bike I've had the seat redone by Frank. I'll have to wait until Spring to see if the seat is any better for me. If not I'll be going for a Russell Day Long as I'm never selling this bike unless I am forced to do so.

Last edited:
I emailed him about adding a seat heater and below is the reply. I think he makes some good points.

While your NC700x rider seat can be modified for increased comfort and function I do not offer or install seat heaters. Adding a seat heater is not like a factory heated seat, the aftermarket units have a definite negative effect on the seats comfort level (actually even the factory non heated seats are more comfortable than the heated ones). None are flexible enough to allow the seat to form to the rider and all have some type of wiring, connectors, or thermisters that cause hard spots within the seat. In my opinion heated clothing is a much better way to go. Its there when you need it, works better, is not permanently installed when it fails, you don't have to tear into your seat to fix it when it does fail, and doesn't effect your riding the greater part of the year when not needed. I looked into providing a heated option and have installed and tested every available unit. None of them met my expectations in comfort, performance, warranty, and installation enough for me to put my name on it.

Back