• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Still not totally happy with front suspension.

Wedders

Reaction score
Visit site
I have fitted Racetech gold valves and springs to my 2016 Nc750x. It has improved the front end massively but not quite as plush as I would like it. I have played with different weight oils and preloads etc. but can’t make it better. Today I have spoken to a suspension company who say that I the only way to get improvement is to fit cartridges. This I would do in a heartbeat but it would cost £1000. Has anyone gone down this route and have anything to offer to my predicament.

Perhaps play around with different oils on the Racetech valves. I once went down the cartridge route when I put a set of Andreanis in my former NC700X forks. They were fitted professionally but were not successful despite some modification. At the end of the day these are budget forks and there is only so much You can do with them. The real alternative, a set of Ohlins forks or the like, is not justifiable.

I have fitted Racetech gold valves and springs to my 2016 Nc750x. It has improved the front end massively but not quite as plush as I would like it. I have played with different weight oils and preloads etc. but can’t make it better. Today I have spoken to a suspension company who say that I the only way to get improvement is to fit cartridges. This I would do in a heartbeat but it would cost £1000. Has anyone gone down this route and have anything to offer to my predicament.
I found even the lightest available RaceTech single rate spring to be too stiff for my 180# weight. I went back to the stock progressive fork spring. Perhaps that’s an option to consider, depending if your situation is similar to mine.

I found even the lightest available RaceTech single rate spring to be too stiff for my 180# weight. I went back to the stock progressive fork spring. Perhaps that’s an option to consider, depending if your situation is similar to mine.
What rate Race Tech spring did you put in?

What rate Race Tech spring did you put in?
It‘s been many years so I don’t remember the rate, and I have long since sold the springs. All I can say is that they were softest springs offered at the time.

Now I think of it, it does seem to be springs too stiff as I struggle to get enough sag. I’ve had to cut down the spacers to achieve the 35mm required by Racetech. I may try returning to the OEM springs if I can find them.

there is an Aussie guy on Youtube, NC750X Stuff, who did a full suspension mod which involved drilling larger holes for front end fluid to move. Might be the answer you need.

I now have bespoke suspension by Maxton an English company. Not yet tested as being winter and bike off the road for some fettling and MOT expired. It’s ready to go now but we are snowed in. Will report back after my test ride. Full cost £1500.

I now have bespoke suspension by Maxton an English company. Not yet tested as being winter and bike off the road for some fettling and MOT expired. It’s ready to go now but we are snowed in. Will report back after my test ride. Full cost £1500.
Do you post into the UK group too?

Be interesting to hear how the Maxton stuff works out. That's a lot of dosh for a front end fix. However having spent loads on my suspension too I can hardly talk. My bike is just very stiff now. Probably more suited to the track now. I may do a track day on it to see how it fares. Being passed on the straights by everything should be fun.

The RT gold vale emulators are adjustable in thier own right with spring tension(and rates - colors, yel/blu/grn) and # of orifices(2-4) tuning. (seperate from your oil wt. and fork springs tuning...)

Back