• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Stock Horn Added

ST13Fred

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gloating a bit, but added a plug-n-play old OEM horn above the NC unit.
A single horn, no matter how loud, sounds anemic. I did the same on an 04 ST1300.
These horns can be adjusted to get maximum volume and sound excellent in pairs.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
I have one question for you. When you added the second horn, did you just add a jump wire from the OE horn to the new horn or did you add a relay? It is hard to tell from the photos. Once you added the second horn did you have any issues with the fuse? Thanks

Not wanting to start an argument just trying to understand. Why do some people on motorcycle forums go on about loud horns? I don’t think I’ve used mine more than 10 times in my life, is it a thing in other countries as I’m in the U.K.? We are told to only use the horn to tell others that we are there basically to attract attention not to remonstrate with other road users.

Not wanting to start an argument just trying to understand. Why do some people on motorcycle forums go on about loud horns? I don’t think I’ve used mine more than 10 times in my life, is it a thing in other countries as I’m in the U.K.? We are told to only use the horn to tell others that we are there basically to attract attention not to remonstrate with other road users.
Everybody is different and I wouldn't bet on national or regional stereotypes. ( Do you like spotted dick pudding? )

I don't use the horn much but I want it to be heard when I let a distracted driver know I am there. The stock horn is very meek.

I added a very loud horn to scare deer and to attract attention from folks who may not notice me. The stock horn just isn’t enough to accomplish those goals I don’t think.

Everybody is different and I wouldn't bet on national or regional stereotypes. ( Do you like spotted dick pudding? )

I don't use the horn much but I want it to be heard when I let a distracted driver know I am there. The stock horn is very meek.
Spotted dick pudding is highly underrated, it's so much more than the name suggests.

It may be very different in the UK but here in the states we have people who just don't see motorcycles. Some are to busy on their phones (even with hands free laws) or just blind to motorcycles so we need something to get their attention. The stock horn is a bit of a joke and I am looking for something just a bit louder to get the driver in the car attention so he will see me. even with my bright green jacket.

It may be very different in the UK but here in the states we have people who just don't see motorcycles. Some are to busy on their phones (even with hands free laws) or just blind to motorcycles so we need something to get their attention. The stock horn is a bit of a joke and I am looking for something just a bit louder to get the driver in the car attention so he will see me. even with my bright green jacket.
Denali sound bomb will get the attention of anyone except maybe a train engineer.

Denali sound bomb will get the attention of anyone except maybe a train engineer.
Yes, I have seen several posts and comments about the Denali Sound Bomb but I am not looking for an extremely loud horn. Just something a bit louder then the stock horn. I just wanted to know from ST13Fred (#1 post on this thread) if he was able to added his second horn without adding a relay or any other wires other then the two jump wires from the stock horn? Can anyone address this point?

You can add another horn and it will work but we run the risk of burning the contacts in the horn switch plus the horns aren’t as loud as they would be with a relay supplying the power. Me, I’ve gone the hi/lo tone Fiamm Highway Blasters with relay route on one NC and on this NC just added a Piaa Sport horn. The Fiamms were extremely loud and authoritarian but required mounting inside the fairing to look good. The Piaa Sport is easy to add in place of the original horn and it’s tone is about 1/3 louder that stock.

You can add another horn and it will work but we run the risk of burning the contacts in the horn switch plus the horns aren’t as loud as they would be with a relay supplying the power. Me, I’ve gone the hi/lo tone Fiamm Highway Blasters with relay route on one NC and on this NC just added a Piaa Sport horn. The Fiamms were extremely loud and authoritarian but required mounting inside the fairing to look good. The Piaa Sport is easy to add in place of the original horn and it’s tone is about 1/3 louder that stock.
Thanks, this is good information and what I was looking for. I appreciate your feedback. On the Piaa Sport, can you supply any information as to where you purchased yours, model number and rough cost? Thanks again.
I have a 2022 NC750X DCT and I am enjoying every minute on it. The DCT is fantastic and I love the frunk. No more saddle bags for me.

Thanks, this is good information and what I was looking for. I appreciate your feedback. On the Piaa Sport, can you supply any information as to where you purchased yours, model number and rough cost? Thanks again.
The Piaa Sports Horn #76501 is more compact and can mount in place of the oem with the trumpet opening downward. They are about $55 on Amazon.

Where do you live in N GA? I ride up there every other month or so and stay at or near Two Wheels Only in Suches. I’m hoping to get up there next week for 3-4 days. It looks like we might get some dryer weather next week.

IMG_3382.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg

Last edited:
The Piaa Sports Horn #76501 is more compact and can mount in place of the oem with the trumpet opening downward. They are about $55 on Amazon.

Where do you live in N GA? I ride up there every other month or so and stay at or near Two Wheels Only in Suches. I’m hoping to get up there next week for 3-4 days. It looks like we might get some dryer weather nooext week.
Thanks for the information on the Piaa Horn. I will have to give it a try. I just received my NC750X shop manual and the wiring diagram shows that Honda does not use a relay in the horn circuit. So if adding a louder horn it would be wise to add a relay. I live about 60 miles south of TWO. While you are at TWO you need to ride over to Blairsville and go to Jim's Smokin Que (just south of downtown Blairsville. https://jimssmokinque.com/
They have the best BBQ in all of North Georgia and it is a nice MC ride from TWO. Just be informed that they are open Thur through Sunday only. There is good MC parking to the left of the restaurant in front of the house or you can park your MC right in front of the front porch of the restaurant. Have a great time at TWO.

Back