• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Supercharged NC

kebrider

Reaction score
Visit site
But the frunk is lost in the mix so i'm sure we all agree that this would be a downgraded version of the NC. Supports my contention all along that the NC is a sport bike dressed to look otherwise. :)

Supercharged NC700.jpg

Why would anyone ride a crotch-rocket as a commuter? Worst type of bike for that purpose.

It just looks like a crotch rocket, but if you take away all that fairing it doesn't look much different from the S. Bar might be a bit lower, but that's it. I think it looks pretty good, and I really like the second front disc. Looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers it puts out.

Granted, this is not an important aspect at all, but it's a DCT with an apparent different parking brake arrangement. The parking black caliper is not visible as it is on our NC700Xs.

If the bike is not a photo shop then I think the concept could sell, but not so much a sport bike, more sport-tourer. My input to the design team would be to keep the riding position as close as possible to the current X and S models (handlebar choice), get RWHP up to about 80, add a shaft drive and see what kind of market truly exists for a competent midsized sport-tourer.

Imagine how inviting a 75 mpg, 130 mph, ~500 lb shafty sport-tourer would be, especially if the MSRP was around $9K.

Interesting last sentence to the Supercharged NC article that said the new bike would be a "compelling option for somebody wanting a sensible motorcycle that isn't as personality-free as the current model". I remember last summer when I sat next to an Honda ST1300 owner at Deals Gap as he was lamenting his bike's lack of personality. The guy had just finished listening to another rider come up to me and ask me what kind of tires I was running that allowed me to carry such high corner speed and that our ride in was the most fun he ever had on his Ducati. After our talk the ST1300 owner asked me what kind of sportbike I was riding. I told him an ST1300. I didn't have the heart to tell him my usual playbike was an NC700.

I never adopt the personality of the bikes I own, they adopt mine. I am quite the bore but I still look forward to riding every chance I get.

I wanrt this bike. Will keep the NC, but will add this. The 2 Honda reps I talked to at the Cleveland Progressive motorcycle show yesterday were clueless about the bike, let alone any timeline for production. They didn't even see the magazine article. I think they were probably 3rd party reps, didn't seem like "bike guys" to me.

Looks like a fully sport faired S. It certainly looks nice and the front breaks are definitely improved.

Supercharging the current engine will give you quicker acceleration, but you are going to be shifting rather quickly.
If you want to change the bike's personality, it's going to require wider gearing and a move to a shorter stroke design for more revs.
That's certainly doable but it's largely a new motor that borrows from the current engine. I don't think that's whey they have here though.

FWIW, Honda is doing almost the same thing with the NC as they did with the CX back in the 70s and 80s.
Adventure bikes didn't exist back then, but the CX was released as a standard, a cruiser, a sport model (with tiny fairing), and as a tour bike.
It was also released a turbo with a larger fairing.

How much would the supercharger help at higher speeds? The acceleration once above 60 mph on the stock NC is certainly lacking IMO.

Anyone think a bolt on for the X would appear on the market and be worth it?

For speed I bought fast bikes, my NC is just a beautiful example of a well made great handling economical good looking machine. PS in my experience turbos and super chargers may be fine at first but eventually they will go wrong and cost $$ as for timing chain issues???? very very very very very rare. I'll take mine as it was intended.

It just looks like a crotch rocket, but if you take away all that fairing it doesn't look much different from the S. Bar might be a bit lower, but that's it. I think it looks pretty good, and I really like the second front disc. Looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers it puts out.

I saw that too immediately.

Granted, this is not an important aspect at all, but it's a DCT with an apparent different parking brake arrangement. The parking black caliper is not visible as it is on our NC700Xs.

A Supercharged DCT!!! Interesting to see how that works out. :cool:

Say "Goodbye" to the frunk as a result of getting supercharging... :(

Last edited:
Back