• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

That Alaskan Pickup!

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
After over a month not riding, I finally figured out a way to RIDE.

Took my wife on a little vacation. Of course vacationing with me is the act of going or traveling to a place along a way that is different from the usual or planned way.

We left Texas in my Alaska pickup heading to California, pulling my 16 foot trailer to bring my daughter's and son-in-laws belongings and NANA CHOU back to Texas.

Well, that Alaskan pickup got plum lost while in the lower 48. Next thing I knew we were in Colorado. Nothing like riding a clog train 14,100 feet straight up Pike's Peak.

[video=youtube;QdaM7X48_UQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdaM7X48_UQ[/video]

Well after leaving Colorado somehow that darn Alaskan pickup ended up next on the Lincoln Highway. My wife for some reason thought that me and that darn Alaskan pickup were conspiring against her. So, I set that Alaska pickup straight, and the next thing I knew that Alaskan pickup caught the Bonnieville saltfalts fever and we were meeting an old friend of mine at Bonnieville.

[video=youtube;Wo06AHAkVsQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo06AHAkVsQ[/video]

Being that Reno is just a short distance from Bonnieville, I give you one guest where that darn Alaskan pickup took us next. Bad Alaska pickup!

Soon after that little side show we were on the Dwight D. Eisenhower Highway heading for California. Soon that Alaskan Lost pickup had us at my Daughter's and Son-in-laws house.

Well wouldn't you just know it! After loading the rear of the Alaskan pickup and the 16 foot trailer there just was not room left in the trailer for Nana Chou. Well being the house in California was sold, I had no place to store Nana Chou, I just had to ride Nana Chou 2000 miles home.

My wife had to drive that bad Alaskan pickup pulling the trailer home, and I just had to drive Nana Chou for three long wonderful days home.
What a great vacation my wife had!

Last edited:
She probably doesn't realise just how lucky she is. I have the same problem. My wife thinks it's silly to drive 600 miles to the ww1 cemeteries and 600 back in a weekend to pay our respects to a member of the family killed in WW1

Just tell her that you know this fellow who last October drove a bit over 2000 miles "each way" to see the WW1 monument in Washington DC. I had a little detour though Alabama, New Hampshire, Maine, Road Island, Mass., Penn., New York and Jersey. My grandfather lost his right eye in France during WWI from a mortar shell while sitting on the can. Good thing he was left handed, as he was one unbelievable marksman. He had not been truthful about his age, and was only 16 at the time.

Last edited:
Back