• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tires: Continental "motion" report

Just went through my first Conti Motion rear at 6500 miles and down to cords. Last tire was a Michelin PR4, got 12600 on it, stock Metzler was 8400. Going to try the Shinko Raven next. I will report back in about a year to let you know how it does.

On the front I got 15K out the the Metzler, and 12500 on the PR4 so far. Will probably change out to the Raven also on the front.

Live in AZ, mostly commuting, 80% highway with little traffic. Use Rideon in all my tires.
Consider the Bridgestone T30 next. I got around 8500 miles on the last rear and I'm not really easy on tires. They run about $230 a set online and right now there is a $50 rebate from Bridgestone. These are premium tires at a good price without the rebate - a steal at $190.

Consider the Bridgestone T30 next. I got around 8500 miles on the last rear and I'm not really easy on tires. They run about $230 a set online and right now there is a $50 rebate from Bridgestone. These are premium tires at a good price without the rebate - a steal at $190.

I agree with dduelin, I do like the Bridgestone T30 and that is a good price!

I wish I had seen this. I just worn down to the cords a Motion rear in only 5000 miles! Went ahead and bought another from American for $80 to match the healthy front. With an ~$40 mounting, that's almost 2.4 cents/mile for rear alone - seems pricey. Some of the miles were loaded and/or two up, but damn!

I recently got the conti motions put on in the front, I am getting a bit a shimmy/ wobble effect at about 40 to 50 mph. balanced the wheel , it was the same, put in ride-on it improved a bit.

I am getting the tire replaced see if it makes a diff. so far i am bit disappointed. seem to be a hit or miss. might be a bit of a risk for the fact that i have to pay to get my tire mounted.

Last edited:
I'm at ~11,000 miles on mine, the centers are getting low but still okay for dry riding, I ride one up with just a small top box so maybe the weight of gear makes a difference.

Update - second Motion rear almost done (squared off - sides still like new) at 5000 miles. Front still good. Maybe I'll try a Shinko Raven? Reportedly long life for the kind of easy riding I do. Maybe I carry too much crap in my bags. Jim

I am reading up on tire reviews and came across this thread. The Motion might be a good option at a good price point. Doing some searching online and I came across this:

Conti Motion Combo Deal - Continental

Closeout deal at $140 (+$20 for shipping).

American Motorcycle Tire’s regular price is a little lower than that close out “deal”, but AMT seems to be out of the rear size we need at the moment.

Back