• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tool kit..17mm allen

drdubb

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to update my on bike took kit for the NC and two places are causing some trouble, one is the 17mm hex socket (allen) on the front axle. I've got a standard wrench, but it's a honker, and I also have a socket set style, but it's a 1/2 drive, which I don't carry. I also need to source something for the smaller side of the rear axle. (23mm?) I have a combo tire iron style that will fit the large end. Anyone tackle this?

I had a 17 mm hex driver from eons ago when I owned a VW that required one to change the engine oil. I cut off a 25 mm section of the handle portion of that driver and use it with a 17 mm combination wrench. I'm trying to get rid of the combination wrench because it's not needed for anything else. I will probably drill a perpendicular hole into that 25 mm long piece so I can stick a short rod in there to act as a handle. :)

What I did was just buy a 17mm hex bit like the one on the left, then drove the bit out of it to put in the bike tool kit. I can then use a 17mm wrench on it or even an adjustable wrench (aka knuckle buster). As a bonus, I ended up with a 17mm six-point socket as well.

100_9983.jpg

What I did was just buy a 17mm hex bit like the one on the left, then drove the bit out of it to put in the bike tool kit. I can then use a 17mm wrench on it or even an adjustable wrench (aka knuckle buster). As a bonus, I ended up with a 17mm six-point socket as well.

That is a great idea!

If you look at the Honda parts fiche for the NC, they have all of the parts for a tool kit including this item.

I had a 17 mm hex driver from eons ago when I owned a VW that required one to change the engine oil. I cut off a 25 mm section of the handle portion of that driver and use it with a 17 mm combination wrench. I'm trying to get rid of the combination wrench because it's not needed for anything else. I will probably drill a perpendicular hole into that 25 mm long piece so I can stick a short rod in there to act as a handle. :)
What a small weird world.... I just got a NC700x without a toolkit and was looking for a 17mm hex option. I also once owned a 77' Westy and have the same big ol' honking 17mm allen key. Time to break out the angle grinder and cut off a piece for my moto tool kit.

I carry a coupler for threaded rod, 10mm 1.5 pitch on the motorcycle, and a small adjustable wrench.

In the garage I have the 17mm socket.

Attachments

• IMG_7573.JPG
    IMG_7573.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7572.JPG
    IMG_7572.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_7574.JPG
    IMG_7574.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_7575.JPG