• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

It's a great *all around bike*!

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gang,
Well, we (the CEO and I) just finished up a 3,100 mile RV trip around many of the western United States. For those of you that are not familiar with what we did, this was a new adventure for us. Not RVing, but the fact that I'd set up for toting along TWO MOTORCYCLES to ride while we were RVing. I don't know just about any other RV'er friends who would do this sort of stunt. I setup a rack for the back of our coach/RV that would carry our '20 NC750X DCT and, we also tow our '11 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab 4x4 truck that is loaded with a Rampage lift which, carries our '18 Honda GL1800 Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag. Yep, no doubt about it, we're hauling a few tons of weight.

But, the effort and the cost was well worth it! I brought along the NC so I could buzz here and there on a smaller bike while the CEO was just relaxing or doing whatever she wanted to and not be on the bike. In short, in UT, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY and back to UT, I put 806 miles on the NC and WE put 1,725 on the Wing. To some of you, that's not much mileage at all. But, when we travel, and have either one or two bikes, it's not our goal to iron butt every day. We ride when it suits us. And this time, I could ride my newer toy too.

As some of you followed along, our '20 NC came to us in an "All black" version. Nope, that wasn't happening. I got out the paint gun and went to work. I had the wheels powder coated to Silver from black, added some bar risers, some 50/50 Shinko tires (and a 170 size for the rear instead of the standard 160), a couple of electrical add-ons including a volt meter, and one or two other odds and ends.

Bringing the NC along on this trip was an outstanding idea. The Wing is an outstanding bike, especially the newer '18+ versions and really especially, the DCT version. But the NC is just a bit more nimble and fun to toss around. I was all smiles in and on every country road I experienced on the NC. There was absolutely NOTHING it did wrong. Those on the net who state the NC doesn't have enough power, are clueless. It's not meant to be a rocket ship. It's plenty fast for what it is. I can zip to 60 mph in a heartbeat, or two. It was just a ton of fun zipping around country side, in small towns, back roads and even a bit of freeway bopping.

I did do a fair amount of off roading with it too. While it's not an Africa Twin, it is suited for mild off road on gravel and really mild trails. Much of my off roading was done in the Hatch/Panguitch area of Utah. Some of those trails/roads were a tad rough for the NC suspension but, it handled them. I wouldn't want to take it on anything rougher without some decent mods to the suspension.

But, all in all, in the 800+ miles I did on that NC during this RV trip, I had one seriously fun time. Putting that wazoo throttle lock (I forgot which one I put on there) was a great help. My old hands, fingers and wrist needs more frequent breaks than they used to. I hovered around 60-65 mpg or so. I don't know how some of you boys eek out 70+ mpg because I sure can't seem to. And I'm a very mild rider. I could care less about hot dogging it so, treating that NC engine to mild throttle for the most part is my M.O. as the cops say. Maybe I'm not getting honest calculations due to me having the 170 series tire back there, hmmmm. But, all in all, it's a great bike for any type of fun, at least in my opinion.
Scott

Those are some wonderful states to ride in. My wife and I have ridden in all of them ( all of the lower 48 actually) , but the western ones are our faves.

Sounds like a blast. We full timed RV for a few years all over eastern half of the US but I could only trailer hitch ramp a monkey to our 42 ft 5th wheel. WV roads were amazing fun but without interstate speed capability the limitations were killer and main reason why I traded it in on the NC.

Sounds like a blast. We full timed RV for a few years all over eastern half of the US but I could only trailer hitch ramp a monkey to our 42 ft 5th wheel. WV roads were amazing fun but without interstate speed capability the limitations were killer and main reason why I traded it in on the NC.
Yep,
I acquired a Versa Haul carrier back a while ago and it was at that time, rated for 500 lbs. and I could tow around 3,000 lbs worth of car or whatever behind our motorhome and carry a bike. But being a fabricator/welder for a few thousand years, I beefed up not only the Versa Haul but also the attachment for it under our motorhome. I added two extra receivers and then used 3/16" wall tubing to connect those added receivers to the Versa Haul. Now, the Versa Haul will handle AND TOW much more than it was rated for. To be able to bring along two different bikes for this 3,100 mile trip was just plain fun. I had a ball on that NC by myself. I do love riding the Wing and having the CEO on board but, to buzz around on that NC just checks another "fun" box.
Scott

Back