• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Box Backrest pad?

Sasane

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up my new bike last week, and I bought it with the full luggage kit.
IMG_0065.jpg
I plan to put my kids on the back for some touring, so I am looking into getting a backrest pad for the 45l top box.
I have tried to find something like the one in this image:
topboxbackrest.jpg
My Google-fu seems weak, and I have not had much luck. Any tips on where I can find this?
Cheers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
FrankQC found a place in the UK site selling the pad on the site he linked in the comments.
take a look at this link and scroll toward the bottom of the page:

NC700X

If you are in the UK, then that site might be all you need, but if not you can use the product name ("45L Top Box (Alu) Upper Pad") and number (08P60-MBT-801) to Google it and find a retailer closer to yourself.
It looks like I will be ordering mine from Rakuten in Japan.
Cheers

Last edited:
Givi has spoken. Below is their response.

Thank you for contacting GIVI motorcycle accessories. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. Unforunately,we do not offer accessories for OEM cases.

Best regards
GIVI USA

Givi has spoken. Below is their response.

Thank you for contacting GIVI motorcycle accessories. We appreciate the interest you have shown in our products. Unforunately,we do not offer accessories for OEM cases.

Best regards
GIVI USA

The Givi backrests are some kind of "generic". To install them, you just need to drill two holes in the trunk where you want the pad to be located, and use the provided screws to hold it in place.. No rocket science. Knowing that, you may find the one that fits best with the curve of the trunk and install it. The E79 might be the one.

Try Honda as they do back pads for some of their top boxes
I tried asking the dealer when I bought the bike, but they were not much help. They just told me that there was not a backrest specific to that top box as far as they knew. They suggested Google... :(

Just shot off an email to Givi. Let's see if they respond. :cool:
A+ for efforts above and beyond the call of duty! Much appreciated. Their response leads me to believe that the pad in the image I found was a custom job for the marketing image. I am not sure why that pad is not readily available though, as it looks rather nice.

The Givi backrests are some kind of "generic". To install them, you just need to drill two holes in the trunk where you want the pad to be located, and use the provided screws to hold it in place.. No rocket science. Knowing that, you may find the one that fits best with the curve of the trunk and install it. The E79 might be the one.
Your comment is spot on. My concern is finding one that suits the box and looks like it belongs there. I don't want it to look like an add-on, which is why I was wondering if anyone knew about the pad in the image. I have seen a lot of pads available online, but it is hard to picture how they will fit the box. I like the fitted look of the one in the image. The closest shop for me to poke around in is about 90 minutes by highway, or 3.5 hours by twisties, so maybe I will make a weekend trip out there to see what they have...

Well that's messed up. I would have thought the backrest pad would be included.

wgwgoldwing-albums-misc-nc700x-stuff-picture1865-trunk.jpg

But, its says right there "Pad not included". Bummer.

WGW

Just found a website with the Givi backrests lineup: Givi Top Box Backrests FREE UK Delivery

EDIT: take a look at this link and scroll toward the bottom of the page:

NC700X

Thanks, Frank! That was just what I needed. Using the link you added I was able to get a Google-able product name ("45L Top Box (Alu) Upper Pad"), and from there a part number (08P60-MBT-801). Using this, I found it available here in Japan on Rakuten. I had searched that site multiple times, but in the end it was the product number that helped me find it. Thanks for that.
Now if I can just buy it without getting caught by the wife... lol She actually suggested that I should just "strap a cushion to (my son's) back"!!! She just doesn't get it...

Back