• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Top Box only pics

Honda rack ( not sure why I purchased that) and a $42 J.C.Whitney top box...and a really wide angle camera lens to distort the crap out of the photo, lol.

Honda rack ( not sure why I purchased that) and a $42 J.C.Whitney top box...and a really wide angle camera lens to distort the crap out of the photo, lol.

Does that JC Whitney box mount up easily to the Givi/Honda top rack?

Since this thread has been resurrected....

This is mine with the Coocase S50 Astra "Volt" Edition.
I haven't bothered to hook up any of the electronic features yet since electrical systems scare me and I'm a big proponent of giving into fear.

Photo Jul 30, 1 05 21 PM copy.jpg

By the way, I think that angle doesn't do it justice. I'll take another and post it.

Does that JC Whitney box mount up easily to the Givi/Honda top rack?

It mounted fairly easily to the Honda rack. It comes with its own base plate that mounts to the rack. Turn the key, push the button and off it comes. Carry it like a suitcase.

It mounted fairly easily to the Honda rack. It comes with its own base plate that mounts to the rack. Turn the key, push the button and off it comes. Carry it like a suitcase.

Be careful you don't hit a bump in the road and off it comes, it happened to me back around 2005, mount plate shattered after a couple days, the ebay seller refunded after I complained, Been buying Givi, Shad, Coocase, Hepco Becker ever since.

Sorry no picture but I just added a Bestem 929 on to a GIVI FZ1111 Top Case Fitment Kit Rack. I had to dremel out the square hole on the back side of the GiVI mono key to allow the Bestem to lock down. Fits really solid and I used a rubber mallet on it to check for the bump issue and it seems fine. I like the GIVI rack better than the Bestem rack mount as it it much more secure and solid. I had a Bestem 929 with Bestem cheapie rack on a DL650 (Wee Strom) and it took the bumps well and the additional lighting (running and stop) makes it a must have for me, and for 116.00 on Amazon a no brainer. Now if some day I have the same issue on a big bump and my laptop is in the top box I may wish I paid the 300 - 600 for a top brand Box.

Boz

greetings.. heres mine, top box hepco becker explorer 45l with backrest and top rail (wrapped in 3m carbon decal), and a custom rack for honda oem side.
2013-07-25 19.38.19.jpg

Back