• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Trip A Reset, User Issue?

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just a thought and I know this has been discussed at length. I haven't had the Trip A reset in quite a while. I did noticed that if you have the AVG fuel mileage displayed and if you reset it that trip A will reset back to zero. Could this be the issue?

No, it's supposed to do that.

The avg mpg works off of the data from the A trip.

After A is reset it takes a few miles for the computer to calculate what the avg mpg is.

With the HISS fitted bikes it seems to be the HISS which is the problem, or the lack of HISS indication light, I've recently turned this on and the resets have gone (so far anyway).

Not so weird if you know the background. Immobilisers became pretty much compulsory in Europe in the early 90's. When the iron curtain came down there was a massive surge in vehicle theft. At that time average monthly wages in the Eastern bloc countries were incredibly low at about $300 or less per month and unemployment in the region was high. People realised they could drive across the border to Germany etc in an 8 seated minibus and return with a minibus and 7 cars. Insurers drove anti theft devices of alarms, locks and multi point immobilisers to fight against the theft problem. For a time it was impossible to insure cars without the full measures.

Back