• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Tuning for more horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well gang,
I stand corrected. I've never really looked into the DN-01, just heard and red a little about it here and there. I did remember it did come out with an automatic tranny. I guess I just assumed it was a DCT not a CVT. Thanks for the correction. Now I can at least talk like I know something when one of those comes up in a conversation.
Scott

Well gang,
I stand corrected. I've never really looked into the DN-01, just heard and red a little about it here and there. I did remember it did come out with an automatic tranny. I guess I just assumed it was a DCT not a CVT. Thanks for the correction. Now I can at least talk like I know something when one of those comes up in a conversation.
Scott
It wasn't a DCT or a CVT in the conventional description of a variable ratio belt drive. The transmission was a variable displacement hydrostatic pump.

The VFR1200 was the first Honda bike with DCT and that came out in 2010. I think the NT1100 was the last bike with it but that's just a road going AT. The AT came out in 2016 and the Goldwing got it in 2017. So no new Honda engine with DCT since 2017. Correct me if I am wrong.
The Honda Rebel 1100 DCT came out as a 2022 model if IIRC. As you will point out the engine is shared with the late model Africa Twin. I am coming to believe Honda will not design another new engine for DCT but the present platforms with it have a lot of life left in them as Honda is wont to do.

I don’t think my NC700 needs more power, but I can’t count the number of times I have tried to shift into 7th gear.

Well,
Mine's got plenty of power. I can reach 60 mph in a heartbeat or two and that's way more than enough to keep me out of trouble. You'll never please all the people all the time, ain't happening. Prior to me purchasing my new-to-me '20 NC750X DCT, I didn't even know they existed. I loved my Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT but, it was just too darn big. So, I started looking at Honda CB500X bikes online. Living in the Arizona desert town of lake Havasu, there's not much by way of various bikes for sale like larger cities. So, I couldn't get my hands on any for close observation and or test rides.

But, in watching Youtube vids, and reading reports and reviews, it was apparent that the CB500X was gonna be just too small for my application. Soooo, I migrated up to the NC750X. Besides, the 500X was/is a manual tranny only, I wanted another DCT. And the NC750X is the smallest machine Honda makes with that tranny. So, I found mine online in San Diego. ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!

As stated, I'd seen plenty of videos since none were to be found where I live, so, I figured we'd head over to San Diego and take a test ride. If it didn't fill all the voids, then we'd come home empty handed, no big deal. About 80% or more of the people making videos on the NC750 mentioned that they also heard it was a low powered bike. But, about 99.99% of those people were well surprised when they actually test rode one. THERE'S PLENTY OF POWER! If one want's a higher spirited and more powerful bike, they GO BUY ONE! The NC, both in the 700 and the 750, were designed as commuters and general fun bikes. They achieved that and along with those attributes, comes some really great gas mileage along with pretty darn low engine RPMs for freeway cruising. You can't beat that with a rocket ship bike, ain't gonna happen. Plenty of power, great gas mileage, somewhat decent dash display with plenty of important info, and to top it all off, even brand new they're not gonna break the bank.
Scott

The Honda Rebel 1100 DCT came out as a 2022 model if IIRC. As you will point out the engine is shared with the late model Africa Twin. I am coming to believe Honda will not design another new engine for DCT but the present platforms with it have a lot of life left in them as Honda is wont to do

Yep, and the 1100cc motor tops out at 100mph by design. My 800cc boulevard only has 42hp and topped out at 100mph once- won't try it anymore since it has 106,000 miles on it. I don't worry about being fast- never owned a fast bike or car.

I think this thread was just a wind up. No further response from the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back