• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Turn signal switch problem

kansjfr

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my 2016 NC700, manual shift, with only 600 miles on it, and everything is fine except sometimes the turn signal switch just won't move, no matter how hard I push on it. Then it'll work for a while, but then it'll revert back to being impossible to move. When it does move, it is often notchy. Pushing for a left turn fails more often than for a right turn. I sprayed WD-40 into the slot on the switch, and that helped, but did not cure the problem. I bought the bike used, so I will have to check with my local Honda dealer to see if it has any warranty left, which I assume is one year. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

I wonder if you maybe some dirt got inside of the housing and is occasionally blocking it. If you do have to replace it, it is relatively inexpensive. When I had to replace mine, it was $35 and that was with the DCT controls.

If those switches get dry they will wear much more quickly and eventually break. For that reason whenever I feel resistance I pull mine apart carefully and apply some silicone grease to the moving parts especially the switch contact area. WD40 will help in the short term but the grease is better. Hopefully the warranty will cover it. In the interim just in case, I would add some more WD to keep it from getting any worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
If those switches get dry they will wear much more quickly and eventually break. For that reason whenever I feel resistance I pull mine apart carefully and apply some silicone grease to the moving parts especially the switch contact area. WD40 will help in the short term but the grease is better. Hopefully the warranty will cover it. In the interim just in case, I would add some more WD to keep it from getting any worse.

Thanks for the replies. I called my local dealer, and it's still under warranty for another 3 weeks. WooHoo!!!

Back