• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Two-up riding

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
So yesterday I had my first experience of two-up riding on my NC. While I wouldnt say the NC is power house, I did find it actually enjoyable. The rear seat is slippery so at more aggressive stops she slid into me(not that I minded ;-) but the overall experience was better than expected. I got a chance to ride some curves, harsh roads and some higher speeds and really evaluate things. I have the full Honda hard bag/top box setup and have my shock maxed out for pre-load. If I end up riding alot of two-up I may still look for a rear shock replacement but it really wasn't that bad at all. I think I'm really going to like this bike!

I just had my first ever 2-up on the NC as well. Just this passed Friday, in fact. This was my first time driving with a passenger altogether. The ride was short and for the most part slow, but I'm glad I finally did it and it went smooth. Wife said it wasn't bad either, but I couldn't imagine sitting on that back seat for more than an hour.

Did my first two-up run ever the other week with the S, and all in all it went well. Definitely smoothed out the bumps and my sister didn't have any complaints, but she's quiet in general. The real test will be when the girlfriend gets on the back and we run up to her cottage. That'll be a solid hour and a half ride. Good to hear you guys had decent experiences with it. Now if someone could explain the term "pillion" to me and it's proper use I'd be all set....

The real test will be when the girlfriend gets on the back and we run up to her cottage. That'll be a solid hour and a half ride. Good to hear you guys had decent experiences with it. Now if someone could explain the term "pillion" to me and it's proper use I'd be all set....

Please, stop halfway for a break. Having ridden on that seat I can tell you an hour and a half straight would be a bad idea. Especially if she's not used to being on a bike.
Pillion refers to the back seat on a bike or (more commonly) to the person riding on it.

Pillion originated from a Gaelic word meaning small cushion in the 15th century (say my OED), used to mean a woman's light saddle and is now adapted for the passenger on a motorcycle.

I ride two up on mine, with the wife saying that she loves this bike more than my 915. However, with the NC she gets saddle sore after about 30 miles or so. I ordered a seat concepts seat, it will be here Monday. I know they are in the works making a rear seat as well. Power wise, it's lacking a bit but definitely has no issue getting us to 60.

Please, stop halfway for a break. Having ridden on that seat I can tell you an hour and a half straight would be a bad idea. Especially if she's not used to being on a bike.
Pillion refers to the back seat on a bike or (more commonly) to the person riding on it.

Thanks, I was planning on making a stop on that trip anyway.

I ride more two-up than not since my wife likes it so much. Haven't changed the pre-load yet since I also ride alone and would not want to change it back and forth. Only problem is large bumps and seams, where she says she gets a spine jarring feeling.

I ride two-up all the time... I love it. THe low-end torque really helps with the extra weight. I find it best to ride in sport mode so it doesn't change too fast and become sluggish at low RPMs. However, the combined wight of my girl and I is about 260 lbs. And she is only 89lbs. So, sometimes I hardly notice a difference...lol

Back