• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Video (audio) Danmoto Carbon can for my S

Timtone

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock exhaust was one of the few things about this bike I actually disliked. It was far too quiet and wheezy. I like to hear a motors exhaust. Not all the whiring and spinning. When I ride with other bikes I couldn't hear my bike at all.
Maybe I am old fashioned...or just plain old....but this bike sounded lame as hell. A possible factor in my opinionated opinion (this is my thread after all) is that I have been a gear head and auto/moto sports enthusiast since I can remember. All my vehicles have been....not quiet. LOL.

Most of the cans I listened to on-line were very "bright and poppy." Plus they are way too spendy for what they are. I started my quest by just removing the pipe and muffler entirely and listened to the natural tone. It is actually ok....not wonderful...just ok. It was obviously too loud. Then I listened to as many as I could on line...on this motor. Then I listened to a bunch on-line on other motors. I toyed with the idea of making one first, and while doing that I looked for used ones I could adapt to my pipe dims. I found one but got some advice from the guy I was thinking of buying it from instead....he suggested Danmoto. The Danmoto was about $130 all in and shipped to my door in Canada in less than 7 days. Super easy install, nice quality, no rough edges, no issues. It weighs a LOT less than the stock can, it is out of the way and actually makes it easier for the pillions right foot placement.
It might be louder than some of the other high end cans, I have no way to compare....but the tone is perfect, and for me, the volume is perfect. On other threads I read on this forum there was talk of 'Harley-ness' in these cans. The volume of these Harleys with the 'mufflers' they tend to love is like cannon fire. There is nothing on the road as loud as an excellerating Harley with zero mufflage. It is a sound that instantly infuriates me. I am here to tell you that my bike is not 1/10th as loud as that, not even a remote close. FWIW.

Hopefully hearing one of these cans on this bike may be of some value to someone.

Oh, there is one downside to any aftermarket can on an NC. (This has been discussed elsewhere on this forum)
If you put a center stand on your bike....which I just did yesterday, you will need a way to 'stop' the uptravel of the stand. The stock exhaust has a little stainless stand/stop/platform tig'd onto the inside face of the pipe. Rather than re-invent a method, I just copied the stock 'thing'. I bent and shaped up some .060 stainless to a similar spec and had a buddy tig it on this morning. A perfect alignment and all is ducky. Just like real.

PassPegs2.jpg

PassPegs2CstandStop.jpg

Video:
[video=youtube;pr-RvNSNVi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-RvNSNVi8[/video]

Last edited:
Timtone, is that with or without the baffle? My wife is ordering me one for my birthday and I was wondering whether or not I need to order the baffle as well.

Thanks, Steve.

Timtone, is that with or without the baffle? My wife is ordering me one for my birthday and I was wondering whether or not I need to order the baffle as well.

Get it, it's $7.99 on the Danmoto International website. The rest of the world will thank you for it.

Get it, it's $7.99 on the Danmoto International website. The rest of the world will thank you for it.

If that was the sound without the baffle in the video, then I would say go without. I didn't find that loud or obnoxious in any way...

If that was the sound without the baffle in the video, then I would say go without. I didn't find that loud or obnoxious in any way...

How can you tell it wasn't loud "in any way" on a Youtube video, with compression, AGC, mic distortion, on a laptop computer with 300mW power amp ? This one is at least 140dB in the real world. Tone is different, but not much loudness difference on my iPad.

[video=youtube;lG1QIkpK7-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1QIkpK7-A[/video]

How can you tell it wasn't loud "in any way" on a Youtube video, with compression, AGC, mic distortion, on a laptop computer with 300mW power amp ? This one is at least 140dB in the real world. Tone is different, but not much loudness difference on my iPad.

[video=youtube;lG1QIkpK7-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG1QIkpK7-A[/video]

Number of reasons, including the sound of the bike starting, giving you a good idea what the sound level is like and how distorted it is(or isn't). Also you can hear a plane in the background while the bike is running... All those things you listed might change the sound so that its not quite a perfect reproduction, but its close enough to tell how loud the muffler is, and the tone is close enough to reality to know whether you like it or not.
The bike in your video is only idling when near the camera, the bike is much louder when he gets on the throttle well away from the camera, then it might reach 140db, not when idling.

Thanks for the sound clip, I'm seriously considering one of those myself. Either that or the XG-1, though I think that may be too loud/sharp.

Well, I have heard it in 3D....just got off it actually.....and I have seen and heard the video. The tone and volume are well represented in that vid. As someone said, the starter sound and the airplane above kind of reference the thing for you.
I didn't know there was a baffle available. This one does not have one....you can see clean through this rascal. ~:0)
I would like to hear one with a baffle. Just curious more or less.

One other detail worth mentioning is that this bike is ridden two up about 85% of the time. My wife is noise sensitive....(to the point of nurosis some might say)...and she has no problem with it, likes it in fact. Once you get going fast enough for wind noise....it basically disappears anyway. Unless you get on it. Then it just makes you smile.

I am glad some of you have found this of interest.

Same pipe I have............ You WILL want the optional baffle in a few days.... They list it on their website............

I have had that pipe on there almost as long as I have had the bike. It is the first thing I ordered. hahahahaha. I love it.
The weird thing is I kind of hear all kinds of different bikes in the tone when I am riding. I just got home about 10 minutes ago. I took the 30 minute version of the 5minute trip to the grocery store. A series of downhill quick transitions to a stop sign. Banging down through the gears keeping the revs up letting the bike slow you (as much as it can). Sounds like a baby Duc. Cruising along 70-90 km on level twisties in 5th...bogging down the road, a sweet kind of burble...a little like a Vincent Black Shadow I followed a month ago. Sometimes it sounds like a single....or a twin....or something in between. An interesting sound. Entertaining when you have an over active imagination.

Have you noticed the price difference between the US and International website ?

International site:
Carbon GP: $80 USD, Baffle: $8 USD

US site:
Carbon GP: $125 USD, Baffle: $15 USD

Even considering the $42 shipping fees from the Int'l site, it's still $10 cheaper than the US site.

I just received mine this morning:

2013-07-10_11-53-50 (Small).JPG

Here is what's in the box. I purchased it with the optional baffle:

2013-07-10_11-56-20 (Small).jpg

For $80, the quality is surprisingly good. Take a look at those welds:

2013-07-10_11-56-46 (Small).JPG

2013-07-10_11-57-00 (Small).JPG

2013-07-10_11-57-26 (Small).JPG

Here is the weight difference. OEM is 3.6Kg (8 pounds):

2013-07-10_12-30-46 (Small).jpg

At 1.2Kg (2.7 pounds), GP Carbon is 3 times lighter, with the extension pipe and the baffle inserted:

2013-07-10_12-31-18 (Small).jpg

I just received mine this morning:

View attachment 6202

Here is what's in the box. I purchased it with the optional baffle:

View attachment 6203

For $80, the quality is surprisingly good. Take a look at those welds:

View attachment 6204

View attachment 6205

View attachment 6206

Here is the weight difference. OEM is 3.6Kg (8 pounds):

View attachment 6207

At 1.2Kg (2.7 pounds), GP Carbon is 3 times lighter, with the extension pipe and the baffle inserted:

View attachment 6208

Nice!

How does the carbon look, any spots that don't quite look right or damage in the weave?

How does the carbon look, any spots that don't quite look right or damage in the weave?

The CF really looks perfect, no spots, nothing. A premium product at a bargain price.

I just installed it an hour ago (with the baffle), but still waiting for the rain to stop to give it a try on the road. Still, it sounds nice for sure in the garage !

UPDATE: Although it looks nice and some may like its "music", it drove me crazy after two days (even with the baffle installed). The sound is still nice, but too loud for me. I do a lot of highways and that constant R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R was driving me nuts. Slow speed cruising was nice.

The OEM is back on the bike and the Carbon GP is for sale... 80$ shipped anywhere in Canada, including the optional baffle.

EDIT : SOLD

Last edited:
Back