• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Vista Cruise Control

The throttlemeister is the cleanest AND the most expensive. I like the omni for economic reasons. If I had the $ I'd research a true cruise control and not just a throttle lock.

Frozen- Omni looks like a glorified clothes-pin! Sears- It is kinda hard to justify a $800 true cruise control on a $7k bike. Now if we were all riding on $25k bikes that would be another story.

Frozen- Omni looks like a glorified clothes-pin! Sears- It is kinda hard to justify a $800 true cruise control on a $7k bike. Now if we were all riding on $25k bikes that would be another story.

I hear ya...to each his own. I don't have the $ for ANYTHING right now, but $800 would be worth it to me if the quality was there. The cost of the bike is irrelevent IMHO...the money in my wallet is another story!

I'll agree with that, but it's a function+price over form type thing.

Anybody using this cruise control and which model do I order so it will fit our bike? Thanks

To get the Vista to work you would have to alter the grip (either slide it back and cut the excess from the bar end side or cut back on the switch side) since there not enough room between the switch box and end of grip. Also, you would have to modify the part of the assembly that is supposed to fit between to two throttle cables. I tried to install one and gave up. I did not want to cut my grip and I could never get it to work right after shaving down the thickness to fit between the switch and grip.

I used the one made for two wire Honda switch housings, but I guess this one is just different to not work right.

This guy came up with a homemade Omni style throttle lock: Here.

Last edited:
Have you thought of the "Caterpillar O-Ring" "cruise" control? Cost...less than a dollar. Works well as a throttle lock, but still allows throttle movement.

I went down to Ace Hardware and found a nice thick O-ring that would fit the gap between the bar end weight and the grip. If you have problems getting it out of the groove, just slip something like one of those cheap wire key rings over it, so you'll have something to grab onto.

Chris

I bought a Vista Cruise from a guy on eBay, but it was the wrong model (my fault, not his) so I fabricated a little plastic part shaped like a T (to anchor the unit) , painted it black, and super-glued it to the switch housing. Otherwise, the installation and adjustment were simple, and it works great. I have used them for years, and always liked the simple one-click with the thumb on-off operation. I have a Throttle-Meister on my Blackbird, and it is a pain in the ass to use for all its $150 self. I prefer the simple $20 Vista Cruise every time.

I would purchase a electronic cruies control made for the bike "not a universal kit" if one was available. I have a McCruise on my Silver Wing, it is by far the best modification I have.

It was about $970.00, but worth it to me. I have 48,000 miles on my S.W. and don't have too worry about getting a ticket with it. The NC700 is very easy to speed on and I have to be constantly adjusting the throttle. With the electronic cruise, I just set it and don't have to constantly look at the speedometer. Therefore a person can keep there eyes on the road. I use my SH150i for a two wheeled pick up. It has just shy of 10,000 trouble free miles on it. I also run dirt roads with it and it is very stable. I like having a scooter with a step thru floor board. A person can carry all kinds of stuff on it. I have taken it deer hunting, and quartered a deer, put it in a garbage bag and hauled it home on the floor board.

I will agree with frozenpoet and the Omni-Cruse but there is a $20 devise that is prolly the original that the omni thing made complicated. Google 2wheel Ride GC-1. I have used this on a few bike including my NC and it works great, for 20 bucks it can't be beat.

I will agree with frozenpoet and the Omni-Cruse but there is a $20 devise that is prolly the original that the omni thing made complicated. Google 2wheel Ride GC-1. I have used this on a few bike including my NC and it works great, for 20 bucks it can't be beat.

I have both. The Omni-Cruse is worth the extra. The go cruise is in the parts drawer now. YMMV

Installed the Vista Cruise. I have virtually perfected the install. It does require some trimming of the throttle tube plastic nubs but when done right its the most intuitive most effective of all throttle locks.

Craig

I tried to go cruise.. I have it in my tool bag now in case of emergency. After putting barkbusters on, my bar ends no longer move so I put the old faithful throttle boss back on so it is half on the bar end and half on the throttle grip where it just holds the throttle wherever I leave it. I am very happy with this.. manual roll on, manual roll off... throttle stays where you leave it. Best setup I have found.

Universal Throttle Boss™ | Can-Am | Küryakyn

Back