• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

I would still do it on a NC , I think it would be fine but this bike should make it a little easier and cheaper to fix. !!.
namusu7u.jpg

runagery.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It rides like a light bike with knobbies !!.hehe
It's very twitchy compared to the NC , but in a good way.
Starting today I will start on the mods.
Build racks for Alum panniers and Kolpin
New rear spring
New front springs
Windscreen
New front fender
New tires
520 chain conversion
Build a spark arestor
Seat Concepts seat kit

Maint items

New oil,filter and air filer
Remove carbs and fix fuel leak.
Brake shoes and pads
Check wheel bearings
I 'm sure more will come up.

As someone new to off road riding what mods should I concentrate on to prepare the bike for the WABDR? I've installed handguards, planning on getting a skid plate, soft bags, engine guards, and tires. What else? I'm considering taking the "easier options" on the tougher sections of the route. (Maybe I should stop looking at the DVD, youtube vids, and trip reports from others who've had difficulties on the rougher sections.)

As someone new to off road riding what mods should I concentrate on to prepare the bike for the WABDR? I've installed handguards, planning on getting a skid plate, soft bags, engine guards, and tires. What else? I'm considering taking the "easier options" on the tougher sections of the route. (Maybe I should stop looking at the DVD, youtube vids, and trip reports from others who've had difficulties on the rougher sections.)

Sounds like your bike will be well protected.Now out fit yourself with proper off-road gear , if you don 't have any look on Cycle Gears website.They often have package deals that are very economical .I have several sets off-road gear. ( boots , pants ,jackets etc ) to choose from and just bought this DS helmet last week .
e9yru5ep.jpg

Sounds like your bike will be well protected.Now out fit yourself with proper off-road gear , if you don 't have any look on Cycle Gears website.They often have package deals that are very economical .I have several sets off-road gear. ( boots , pants ,jackets etc ) to choose from and just bought this DS helmet last week .

Thanks for the info about CycleGear.com, I checked out their package deals and it looks like I missed a deal on an DS BiLT Explorer package by a day! How do you like the feel of the BiLT Explorer helmet?

Thanks for the info about CycleGear.com, I checked out their package deals and it looks like I missed a deal on an DS BiLT Explorer package by a day! How do you like the feel of the BiLT Explorer helmet?

They will have the sale again in a a month or so , they always do.
The helmets not to bad, the shield takes some getting use to.I commuted with it all week in 19 degree weather and stayed pretty warm.

Last edited:
My god, that is one beautiful scene. It just comes up right out of no where. Thanks for sharing that photo. I really need to get out more !
She told me that they did about 100 miles a day and it was very doable.She was riding a fully loaded DL650 ( Vstrom ).I was planning this trip for the first part of July BUT I will have to see what kind of winter we have,there could be alot of snow that early.So maybe mid to end of July!!.

Here's one of the mountains we will ride around.
Mnt Rainer,taken from the cab of my tractor just now!!.
myga2equ.jpg

Back