• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

I am currently in the middle of my rain dance. Need it to rain or be overcast for the next two days, so as I can ride across Texas in comfort. This will be a hot, hot ride without rain, so us fat boys could use all the rain dance help I can get from you folks out there. Any type of rain dance is acceptable.

Last edited:
Here in Seattle we don't need rain dances. !!!!.
But we need to try to learn some for the WABDR,9-10 bikes kick up A LOT of dust !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like there are going to be several large groups on the trail at the same time !!. Most are going south to north BUT one large FAST group is going north to south !!.

Put the old K60 back on this morning.New TKC should be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow.
nupanube.jpg

Looks like some of the route by Cashmere might be closed due to a large fire !!.

The Mills Canyon Fire is approx. 4 miles away from the route at this point. I pulled up the roads in the area and it looks like we should be able to get around it without too much of an issue. I'll print out maps of the area roads so that we have options once we get there. We could ride over Sugarloaf and down to Ardenvoir, but the route is pretty rocky and I'll be pounding out a dent in my skid plate tonight from the last time I rode it at the Touratech Rally. Hopefully they'll get a handle on the west side of the fire in the next few days.

Troy

Great !!
The theme for this ride is going to HEAT. !!.
Cashmere mid next week is supposed to be around 108 degrees ...
The hottest I have ever ridden in was 104..

Last edited:
The theme for this ride is going to HEAT. !!.
Cashmere mid next week is supposed to be around 108 degrees ...
The hottest I have ever ridden in was 104..

Yeah, I was hoping to get out of the heat by being up in the mountains, but it's not looking good for a cool ride. Between sweating from the heat and the dusty roads, we're going to be caked in dirt.

It looks like I'll be leaving to meet up on Sunday morning, it's only a little over 2 hours from my place to Stevenson. I think we'll just head to the Roadway Inn where everyone else is staying, we should be there by 8am. Changing the oil and filter tomorrow and will start packing. Looking forward to a week on the road!

Troy

It looks like I'll be leaving to meet up on Sunday morning, it's only a little over 2 hours from my place to Stevenson. I think we'll just head to the Roadway Inn where everyone else is staying, we should be there by 8am. Changing the oil and filter tomorrow and will start packing. Looking forward to a week on the road!

Troy

Sounds good,we will meet at the hotel around 8am and then hit the HOT/DUSTY trail. !!!.

I hope EVERBODY is following the WABDR thread on ADVrider.it has almost hourly updates by people that live on the east side and by people on the route right now.Seems a NEW fire just started right on the WABDR..

You guys ride safe and have fun.
Work got in the way or I would be there with you.
So take me along in spirit and keep all of us updated and the pictures coming

Folks, help we need professional rain dancers to get rid of all the heat in Washington state. The last dance we did worked, as we sAw no heat for the last we. Don't have any idea where we are at right now, but we don't need cool weather until Sunday. So all you professional rain dancers a little would be greatly appreciated. So, jump on your broom sticks and let us start dancing!

Back