• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

Hey OCR. ..
When are you guys leaving Texas. ??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are leaving on the 5th of July. We are going to:

1. Abilene State Park Abilene State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
2. Palo Duro State Park, see the stage show "Texas" Palo Duro Canyon State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
3. Pikes Peak About Pikes Peak - America's Mountain - Pikes Peak
4. Million Dollar Highway million dollar highway - Bing Images
5. Salt Lake
6. Two days to Wasington. (Visit one of the state parks in Idaho, any suggestions)

Just taking our time getting there.

After Wabdr 5 day ride, off across Canada to Alaska again.

After Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, off to Sturgis

Then maybe heading home.

September will be Horizons Unlimited at Deals Gap tail of dragon.

Trying to find someone to go to Copper Canyon, Mexico in October. If you want to see Copper Canyon (about 5 times larger than Grand Canyou) send me a PM.

Last edited:
There will be one more NC on this ride..ME. !!!
My forks on my 350 went out today and there's no time to rebuild them ( if they are even fixable. ). So the K60 and TKC are going back on and and I'm ordering a skid plate tonight .

I ordered one from TCI products last night.I talked to Dale at the rally and really wanted one of his but. $400 is to much.

We are leaving on the 5th of July. We are going to:

1. Abilene State Park Abilene State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
2. Palo Duro State Park, see the stage show "Texas" Palo Duro Canyon State Park — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department
3. Pikes Peak About Pikes Peak - America's Mountain - Pikes Peak
4. Million Dollar Highway million dollar highway - Bing Images
5. Salt Lake
6. Two days to Wasington. (Visit one of the state parks in Idaho, any suggestions)

Just taking our time getting there.

After Wabdr 5 day ride, off across Canada to Alaska again.

After Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, off to Sturgis

Then maybe heading home.

September will be Horizons Unlimited at Deals Gap tail of dragon.

Trying to find someone to go to Copper Canyon, Mexico in October. If you want to see Copper Canyon (about 5 times larger than Grand Canyou) send me a PM.

Let me know when you are riding Pikes Peak. We will meet you at the top. To bad you don't have time to catch Mt. Evans.

Last edited:
On our ride from Plain WA to Ardenvoir yesterday at the Touratech Rally we rode on a short section of the BDR. The section we were on was the downhill section leading into the town/community. Steep downhill dirt road with sharp corners and ruts, the NC did just fine. The store has regular gas, groceries, and a kitchen/café/restaurant? Only a couple weeks to go!

There will be one more NC on this ride..ME. !!!
My forks on my 350 went out today and there's no time to rebuild them ( if they are even fixable. ). So the K60 and TKC are going back on and and I'm ordering a skid plate tonight .
It was nice meeting up at the rally, sounds like you're busy getting the NC ready! Our six hour ride consisted of single track/rocky/rutty/dirt/gravel, pretty much everything. Probably more difficult than anything we'll see on the BDR. I'll be pounding out a couple dents to the skid plate from yesterday's ride. I think if we take our time we'll do just fine.

Here's the view from the lookout we rode up to:
Lookout.jpg

On our ride from Plain WA to Ardenvoir yesterday at the Touratech Rally we rode on a short section of the BDR. The section we were on was the downhill section leading into the town/community. Steep downhill dirt road with sharp corners and ruts, the NC did just fine. The store has regular gas, groceries, and a kitchen/café/restaurant? Only a couple weeks to go!

GREAT. !!
I made it home in 3 hours with just a little drama !!.

Worked on the NC today.Transfered over my Alum panniers, mounted up my Alum rack and tool tube.I ordered a TCI skid plate and crash bar combo last night and it should be here Wednesday.Next weekend I will REmount my Alaska tire combo ( TKC/K60 with 13,000 miles on them.
yparabyr.jpg

he8u5abe.jpg

I actually got to see the TCI skid plate mounted on an NC7 at Overland Expo. I looks even better in person.

We also need a standing order for the rotation in picking me and my bike up before we leave!

Back