• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Wabdr..2014 ????

Also the Touratech guys said that there is. " gorilla " camping EVERYWHERE. !!..
They would ride till they were tired or ran out of daylight and just pull off the trail and set up camp !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switching my tires over this weekend, the Overland/Touratech Rally is a month away and less than two months for the WABDR!

Switching my tires over this weekend, the Overland/Touratech Rally is a month away and less than two months for the WABDR!

We are going to get together ( local guys ) for a WABDR planning meeting sometime soon.ANYBODY that's coming on this ride is welcome to come,I will post the date ASAP.

See ya at the TT/Overland rally ...

Being I am in Texas I will not be able to make the pre-ride meeting. But I have some need to know questions.

When, where, and what time is the meet-up?

Will we be camping the entire way or in hotels, either way is find just need to know what I need?

Cooking food ourselves, are finding cafes to eat?

Is extra fuel needed?

You stated your wife is meeting you at the finish. Can we put extra stuff in her car when we start from the meet up place, and pick it up from the car when we are finished? Need to know what I can carry, as I am once again off to Alaska at the finish line.

Thanks,
OCR

Last edited:
The meet up will be Saturday night for those that are staying in the area ,I will do some research and find a good place in Stevenson.I plan on camping BUT I'm old and my back may need a night or two in a real bed.I figure atleast once a day we will be going thru a town and probably eat lunch and get supplies for dinner.As far as extra gas go's each day should be around 100-150 miles with a gas stop along the way.I'm bringing extra gas ( 1.5 gallons. ) just incase but I think we should be good.
My wife won't be at the start ,she will be leaving from our house in Saettle. ( about 175 miles north. )

The mountain we will ride around !!.
u4e4ehu5.jpg

I know you guys are not local but we are having a breakfast meeting next Saturday to go over the daily riding expectations for this trip.This way we can all be on the same page.I guessing we will set or goals at a minimum of 100+ miles a day.
If you have any thoughts or concerns let me know and I will bring them up.OR we can talk on the phone during the meeting so you can be apart of it .

Now that we are just over a month away let's get a head count on who's coming and where your coming from. !!.

The meeting is this Saturday at 9am at the Chelan Cafe in Seattle.Anybody local is welcome,even if your not going on the ride.

Wish I could make it to the meeting, but I'll have to wait and have you fill me in with what's covered at the TT Rally. And yes, I'm still planning on going on the WABDR and I'll be coming from the Round Up city, Pendleton OR.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Wish I could make it to the meeting, but I'll have to wait and have you fill me in with what's covered at the TT Rally. And yes, I'm still planning on going on the WABDR and I'll be coming from the Round Up city, Pendleton OR.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

No worries brother,I just wanted everybody to have a chance to attend.
See ya at the the rally..

Back