• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

wannabe finally did it

motorscooter

Reaction score
Visit site
After looking long & hard (wasn't that hard, it was winter) picked up a NC yesterday. Been ridin BMW's w/ a few other brands in between. At 73 yrs young wife & I decided we were going to ride x-country. So we picked up a Goldwing & the 1st time we got caught out in the rain we looked @ each other & said together "who we trying to kid?" Wing went up for sale. Just kept coming back to the NC & what w/ the 750 coming out picked up a "13" @ right price. Part of the reason for the NC was the fact I think I'll be able to do 2 day trips w/o luggage. (debating over top box?) I've had enough Panniers to last me a life time. Looking forward to learning about my latest purchase. Came w/ intermediate tires & dirt days are over so 1st purchase will be street tires.
Howdy, Motorscooter

Welcome to the forum, and best wishes for success with the NC.

I’m a little curious about your reasons for abandoning the Goldwing. If I was two-up in the rain, the GL1800 is the bike I’d want to be on. However, our ages and perspectives differ, the Goldwing is undoubtedly a beast to handle, and there’re definitely advantages to taking a more minimalistic approach to travel using the NC700X.

Good luck, and I hope we can help as you sort out your new NC!

Welcome, you're certainly going to enjoy the maintenance of the NC over the Beemers. I think you're going to enjoy your new toy

Hi Motorscooter. Congratulations! I love my VFR but really should have kept my NC as a second bike. I regret selling it and really enjoyed most of what the NC offered. I am curious though. Did you mean that you do not intend to ride in the rain anymore or that you prefer the NC in wet conditions? Anyhow, congratularions again! I may pick up a 750 used if I can find one.

Welcome from another new member. I am pleased that you have bought a bike to carry on biking at your age and at a young 65 I intend to ride as long as I can. I am however more intrigued how you plan to ride for two days without luggage and if you could explain fully for the benefit of my wife who thinks we need to carry every scrap of clothing we have and the kitchen sink (English expression) with us.

Welcome. I just finished a two day 400 mile trip on my ‘13. I use the Givi G20 side cases and they’re small enough that I don’t even know they’re there. I recently added the Shad SH40 top case that I can attach/detach in seconds, and works great for grabbing and carrying into hotel. Id post a pic, but I can’t seem to figure out how from my iPad photo album. If anyone can help with that, PM me, or post a reply. Best of luck with your new ride.

PapaC, I had trouble posting pics, too. Click on the insert image icon, then find your photo on your ipad in the pop up, when it shows up select upload. good luck! I am a WA native...Richland :)
Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 7.17.37 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks X4. I had to save the pic to a file or some such thing for it to download. To say I’m technically challenged is an understatement. ;) I’m in Bonney Lake, on the wet side.

Any way OP, here’s my traveling setup:

4A8D2F3C-C30D-4821-9FE1-5C8A545A3284.jpg

Do like I did p/u a small motorhome & carry the bike, or as a couple I met one saddle bag apiece & top case for everything else.
Good Luck, Motorscooter

Welcome from another new member. I am pleased that you have bought a bike to carry on biking at your age and at a young 65 I intend to ride as long as I can. I am however more intrigued how you plan to ride for two days without luggage and if you could explain fully for the benefit of my wife who thinks we need to carry every scrap of clothing we have and the kitchen sink (English expression) with us.
Just guessing here, but I'd bet he's figuring on using the "Frunk" to carry a change of underwear & socks & a toothbrush. Don't need much more than that if you're going solo.
I rode with a friend on a 4 day tour a number of years ago and the only luggage he used was a tank bag. He had all he needed.

Just guessing here, but I'd bet he's figuring on using the "Frunk" to carry a change of underwear & socks & a toothbrush. Don't need much more than that if you're going solo.
I rode with a friend on a 4 day tour a number of years ago and the only luggage he used was a tank bag. He had all he needed.

Depending on how prepared you want to be, counting on the frunk space for luggage can be unrealistic. If you stay in hotels, eat entirely at restaurants, and solve your roadside problems with a mobile phone and a credit card, then the frunk space might be counted on for some luggage. My bike’s frunk is generally near full with a few tools, air compressor, tire plugging kit, jump starter battery, a few items of clothing gear to handle weather changes, phone charging, emergency snacks, drinking water, satellite emergency radio, etc. My frunk offers little additional space for actual luggage, hence a top box (at a minimum) is needed for any type of touring.

Back