• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Weekend Installation: Denali Lightbar and D2 lamps

I traced the wire from the headlight back through the harness to a point just by left turn signal. I then gently cut the harness cover and accessed the blue wire there.

If you don't want to cut the harness, you could splice into the wire at the headlight.
I can't take a photo without taking everything off again.

I did this installation as well. I used the manual to show me which of the wires in the bundle to vampire tap in to. I think it was solid blue and not the other blue with white stripe.

Which bundle are you referring to? And what year is your nc700x?

Gbjbany I think the bundle I have detached is the one to which you are referring. But I checked every female end and none were 0v low and 12v high. Is the one I have unlatched the same one you used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the wire that i think honda disabled in 2014 after models. I don't know why but that blue wire (in the accessory harness dongle) doesn't seem to do anything. I think prior to 2014 you could pull a hot with high beam off that, but some idiot at honda decided to remove that starting in 2014.

I will test it again, but i've tested it like 10 times already! :(

This pic is down the left side of handlebars, the pink is where I tapped in , so you won't see pink but it shows where. I hope ! :) it upside down btw oh my nc700 is a 15, so yes the acc harness is useless for this, no idea why they felt the need to remove a useful wire

Attachments

• 20160521_145813.jpg
    20160521_145813.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
get the bar in the correct position, the tab part facing rear of bike. if you get it wrong your forks will hit the bar.

i had to do it twice, dont be like me!

i have a 2013, so i powered mine with the 3 point connection on the oem aux harness. i connected blue (high beam power wire) and green (ground). works like a champ.

if you have a 2014 and up, ypu dint have a blue wire.

I installed the bar awhile back and remember having struggles with a couple of nuts. Think I ended up getting a shorty 10mm or whatever it was and taping the nuts to the wrench. Not much space to work up under there. Yes, my instructions were backwards and forks hit the light bar.

Am I to assume that the directions from Denali are wrong? The directions say that the tab should face front:confused:

FWIW I ended up just tapping off the high beam wire as it went into the headlight assembly. Definitely not as clean having another wire running all the way back but I never could fine a wire to tap or in the wire harness that would work.

For my DX's I cut apart the DX switch lead wires and posi tapped them into the NC option harness, with the main wires going to the battery.

The 2016 has the high beam blue wire in there with the ignition and ground.

Back